Contents Insurance

Hi, any thoughts on where best to get Contents Insurance on various household items in a new apartment in The Tamarind block, Pilau Pinang. Need around RM60,000 cover. Thanks, Kerry

That's very easy to do and not at all expensive. You can either contact any insurance agent or else go to any insurance company and they can insure your home contents. Usually for anything particularly expensive you may need to show them some  kind of documentation and/or photo of the item. I haven't lived in Penang before so don't  know any agents there but I do have a good one in KL and probably you could work with her. She arranged medical insurance for my family, car insurance and I cannot remember but  I think she also did my home contents insurance.

Incidentally, after my apartment got robbed quite a long time ago, I got home contents insurance for either Rm30k or Rm50k and the insurance premium was only about Rm80 per year. That was maybe 13 or 14 years ago so the premiums almost certainly will have increased, but I think still pretty inexpensive.