Foreigners must now register in the FPCS system

Hello all expats. If you are a foreigner living in Cambodia, you must now register in the new FPCS system. You have until 1st July  to do this. You can download the FPCS app from the play store, and complete the application from your smartphone. You can find out more info from the link supplied. They say failure to register by the 1st July, may result in your visa not being renewed when it has expired.

https://www.b2b-cambodia.com/news/fpcs- … july-2020/

The link is still under review.
Has this Information been verified that individual foreigner is required to download and register using the app or is this app intended for landlords to register their tenants?
From all information I've read, it's not yet clear who the app is intended for.
Any Verified clarification would be appreciated.

Hello, reading from the link again, I think the onus is on the landlord/ accommodation owners to register foreigners. But if that said person was a little lazy, I'm not sure where you would stand come visa renewal time?  Incase the link is not permitted, just Google FPCS Cambodia.

Hello.

It's not exactly like that.

It's your landlord who has to register you (and all other guests and tenants).

If fails you're indeed in trouble as you might not get an extension of your visa.

So check with your landlord if he has registered you.  If not,  he has until July to do it.

Cheers

Joe

Foreigner Presence in Cambodia (Mobile App) "FPCS-GDI"
Source: Cambodia visas and work permit group.

Keo Vanthan, the deputy director-general of the General Department of Immigration, said the onus was on accommodation owners to register their foreign guests and tenants, but said foreigners would not get visa renewals if they were not registered.
“We asked [owners] to report this and if they don't report the foreigners staying at their places, we will not extend their stay,” he said. “The foreigners may not be aware of that, but the owners must be responsible.”
On downloading the application, the user is expected to create an account, with foreigners also allowed to create an account in case they own the property they live in.

My Advice - if you are a tenant, chase it up with your landlord to ensure it is done, don't assume they have done it.

https://www.voacambodia.com/a/foreign-r … USuYhM3I8M

Cheers Joe, good advice on chasing up the landlord, and not assume its bern done. I think a ref number should be given, so you have something for future reference.  Incase of problems down the road?

Yes. 

Speaking for myself my landlord has taken a copy of my passport for registration,  so I think I'm safe.

But I will ask to see a copy of the registration.

As the app is quite new it's possible that some landlords didn't download it and registered an account.

If registered the landlord would be able to show you that you are registered as a tenant.

Cheers 

Joe

Sounds like a cambodian version of Thailands tm30
Hope the don't copy Thailand too much

@JoeKhmer

Hello Joe to remember me you helped me to find bisoprolol.....

I just found the old news about Fpcs . Is it still a danger not to get an extension for my retirement visa?

The owner of the house is my girlfriend. And I'm sure she does not know anything.

What can I do ? We tried 3 weeks to get a confirmation from the police that I live here.

Thanks for answer.

My name Jens from Germany

@Jmoeller01

You got a few things wrong.

First it's always a danger to not extend your visa. Immigration police is present everywhere and regularly visits houses, hotels, guesthouses and check if the foreigners are registered in the FPCS and if they have a valid passport and visa.

It's the landlord's duty to perform the registration for every foreigner staying there.

Your girlfriend can ask an agent to help set up the app.

In case the police gets you, you might be arrested, put in a cell and get deported.

Even worse if you have no valid visa.

So obey the law, I don't know is not a valid reason to not do the necessary things.

Cheers.

Joe

@JoeKhmer

Thanks for answer, but my visa is ok

Cheers jens