Teaching English

Hi,
I'm Iranian by birth, living in California. I hold a master's degree in TESOL (Teaching English to the Speakers of Other Languages). I also hold a TESOL teaching certificate. I speak American English at a native-like level. I am considering teaching in Iran (preferably in Shiraz or Karaj). Before making any move in that respect, I'm curious to know about the pay and the length of contracts for English teachers in those two cities, or in Iran in general. I will greatly appreciate any input. Thanks.

I'm not sure this forum is the best place for your inquiry since its readers are people who live in CA or have questions about CA.  Try websites such as Teleport, Glassdoor, Payscale, Irantalent, or even Quora instead.

Hello everyone,

Welcome to Expat.com tarzan1945  :cheers:

Please note that your topic has been moved to the Iran forum as you are basically looking for information about teaching in Iran.

Best luck,

Cheryl
Expat.Com Team.

Thank you! I am new to this website; can you kindly show me how I can access the Iranian forum? Thank you again.

Thank you for the tip!

Saeed

Hello tarzanb1945,

I have already moved your topic on the Iran forum.  ;)

I hope you will get some answers soon.

Have a nice day,

Cheryl
Expat.Com Team.

tarzan1945 wrote:

Thank you! I am new to this website; can you kindly show me how I can access the Iranian forum? Thank you again.

You should be able to access the Iran forum automatically when the moderator moved your post there.  But, just in case, here are the links:

Living in Iran
Iran Forum
Your topic

Thank you very much!

Hi Tarzan.
It depends on a wide range of situation.
I suggest you start with an Instagram page for Iranian. it's very popular nowadays and based on how instagram's users react your page you can make a better decision .

here are some very good Iranian English teaching page you can check: native_show , zabanshenas_com , englishbasics ...

:بالا: