Moving to Spain

Hello,

I am new here and hope that your all well?

So I'm a thirty six year old single mother, with two children age four and 19. I currently live in the Uk in Nottingham and have been here all my life. I literally have been through the worst time and want a fresh start and good life for us all and don't know where to start. I really want to come over as soon as possible, meet new people and sort everything out. Are there any people who speak English that are living in Spain currently? I would really like to visit and hopefully meets new people here who can show me Spain and help me. Does anyone have a three bed to rent? Or a house where they wouldn't mine sharing splitting all bills? I'm not sure on how the system works but know im still entitled to benefits from here. I would really appreciate your help and support😀

Firstly, until 31/12/20 as an EU national you can move to Spain if you have a job in spain or around 7,000 euros per year income / assets/ savings plus maybe more as you have children.

Unless you have a job,  will also need 100% medical cover for yourself and children, without any exceptions not co- payments.

After 31/12/20 you will need a visa, a job, which will be very difficult to get as a non eu national, or at least 25,000€ a year income plus probably more for your children and medical cover.

Quote. 

“Hello

Thank you for your help I really appreciate it.

Is it true that I can still claim benefits over there? I get just under £7000 a month in benefits but I also have a job here? My sons the same he also has a job here as well as benefits so we would have well over that figure. I understand that I can still.claim benefits in Spain. Nursing I have to reside for 3 months before I can become a resident in so confused? “

Charlatanes

Sorry I am not able to answer, however the amount you must prove you have to be allowed residence status, is above the amount which would qualify a person living in spain to be eligible to claim support.

I understand almost all benefits payable in uk are not transportable to another country.