Moving to Turks and Caicos with older kids

We are considering a move to Turks and Caicos from the UK with our three children aged 12, 9 and 7.  I am trying to get past the alluring pictures of tropical beaches and consider the practicalities. The job would likely be based on Grand Turk.  What are the schooling options for international kids?  It seems the international schools are all on Provo.  Do people live in Provo and commute to Grand Turk or are there schooling options on Grand Turk too?  Is there much sport on the island, my kids are very sporty.  Will it be difficult to find accommodation for a family of five? Any help or advice gratefully received.

Hi I live in Providenciales and can tell you the only way to get to Grand Turk is by plane. Providenciales is lovely and lively and great for kids. Grand Turk is very very quiet. We went for a weekend there but that was long enough for me. I cannot tell you anymore about Grand Turk but if you want anymore info re Providenciales get back to me. :)

Thank you so much!  Very helpful to know.  Do you have kids and how do they find it there?

No I don't have children of school age here. I do know people here with children that go to the private schools that seem to do well and I know teachers here. Some do home schooling as I understand the private schools are very expensive.

@Newbie2021 did you end up moving to Turks and Caicos? We are in the same boat currently but with a 8, 6 and 4 year old :)

Hi everyone,

@ Mik Yelruh, welcome on board !

Though the thread is quite old, I hope that you will get a feedback or a response..

However, feel free to open your own topic on the Turks and Caicos Islands forum so that members can reach out.

Regards,
Bhavna

@Mik Yelruh Hello! I've just joined this page seeking out information about moving with a 9 and 6 year old. Were you able to find any information?

@Jackie Dally Good evening. I saw your reply about Home Schooling. I have an 11 year old son on the Autism Spectrum and I am having difficulty finding a school for him on Provo.  Can you point me in the right direction of the Home School option, as in, are there private tutors who facilitate it? Your help is much appreciated.

Dawn

@Jackie Dally Good evening. I saw your reply about home schooling.

I have an 11 year old son who is on the Autism Spectrum and I am having difficulty finding a school for him on Provo.

Do you have any further info on the home schooling option as in, are there tutors who facilitate it?

Any advice is appreciated.

DawnT