Overstaying until 30 JAN 2021 will not be fined??

Hey

So many new rules right now. Anyone understands this rules about overstaying? I guess quarantine is ended 1/1-2021 but my guess is that it will be prolonged. But if it ends til new years day, then you can stay extra 30 days until end of January and not get fines?

Anyone understands this article?

https://dmsu.gov.ua/en-home/6859/peculi … eriod.html

If to be precise this liability exemption applies to those who were in Ukraine before the lockdown was imposed in March.
I don't know if those who overstayed afterwards were fined but assume the immigration and border services might be loyal now.
However better not to overstay.

I dealt with it so can share my experience. My visa would have expired in April, and we went into lockdown in March. In August I went abroad to get a visa renewal, and they looked at my passport stamp, called someone, and said be on my merry way without any fine or problems.

About over staying in Ukraine . look at this video from Olena who talks to a Legal expert.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnimmoPjMiM .MY friend left for the USA yesterday 9th December 2020. Overstayed a month, and know has a ban for 2 years.

martinodessa wrote:

About over staying in Ukraine . look at this video from Olena who talks to a Legal expert.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnimmoPjMiM .MY friend left for the USA yesterday 9th December 2020. Overstayed a month, and know has a ban for 2 years.

Hi Martin,
Could you please clarify the citizenship of your friend and where was he or she banned (Boryspil airport or Lviv airport or some other border check point)?

hi there
He is USA citizen, he left Odessa for Poland the UK the to the states. He emailed me that when he went through customs he was pulled aside and asked why did he not leave or apply for an extension on his 90 days. The main problem was after the national lockdown, he was already 18 days over his stay, and that he could have taken a flight out after the lockdown. I thought he was a few days or so over but it was more like 2 or 3 months. So it was his own fault. As Olga says. if there are flights out and no national Lockdown there is no reason to overstay. Its a big grey area, but i have been told of another person who has been given a fine for the same reason.
I read the rules as. If your visa will run out during a lockdown then the period of the lock down will be re credited back on your visa, if you are unable to fly back due to a lockdown ie no flights , that is also a recredit. But like know there are flights, so whey should leave.
I also think that with a good attitude to customs they will just let you through, if they come back , well thats another problem ah.

Thanks Martin. The courts definitely believe foreigner were able to fly out starting from May.

Thanks for sharing!

I dont recommend anyone to overstay in Ukraine. The border control officers can be really hard if you get into problems. Once I overstayed 1 day at Zhyljani airport in Kiev because of snow storm my flight was cancelled and postponed to the day after. When I came the next day I was stopped at the control and called in to the Chief. After a warning they let me go and I was on my way.

So yes, better not overstay. Luckily a just got my new TRP so it saves me lots of problem by traveling abroad in these times.

Ukraine is one big grey zone and the local Chief is the Boss =D

Cheers!

martinodessa wrote:

hi there
He is USA citizen, he left Odessa for Poland the UK the to the states. He emailed me that when he went through customs he was pulled aside and asked why did he not leave or apply for an extension on his 90 days. The main problem was after the national lockdown, he was already 18 days over his stay, and that he could have taken a flight out after the lockdown. I thought he was a few days or so over but it was more like 2 or 3 months. So it was his own fault. As Olga says. if there are flights out and no national Lockdown there is no reason to overstay. Its a big grey area, but i have been told of another person who has been given a fine for the same reason.
I read the rules as. If your visa will run out during a lockdown then the period of the lock down will be re credited back on your visa, if you are unable to fly back due to a lockdown ie no flights , that is also a recredit. But like know there are flights, so whey should leave.
I also think that with a good attitude to customs they will just let you through, if they come back , well thats another problem ah.

Hi Martin

If he was entering the lockdown with his visa already expired for a period 18 days, that would be the main issue. The new law only applies to foreigners whose visa expired within the quarantine period. If your visa had expired before the quarantine, and you entered the lockdown, you would be subject to penalties. I've spoken to immigration office (OVIR in Ukraine) about this and they told me exactly this.

hi there
He was here before the first lock down, and his visa expired, during the lockdown. He was given grace, but took it to extreme and even though flight where available over stayed by 3 months, which put him into a boarder and flight cancelation problem. In short it was his own fault, he was advised to exit but he didnt.
but thank you for your advice
martin

for your information, this video is from today and puts the question about over staying to rest once and for all. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoJAYD-sOjw .in short if you are able to leave as there is a bus or train or aeroplane then you must leave.
listen to the end. its from a good immigration solicitor

Today's article in Ukraine Business Magazine on the same subject matter: http://bunews.com.ua/society/item/quara … strictions