Bringing My Dog to Ghana

***** EMERGENCY *****

I have to make a last minute trip to see my grandfather in Ghana in 6 days and I have to bring my dog with me. Obviously their is not enough time to get the necessary documents for him and I was wondering what would happen if I just show up in Ghana with him. Will they care that much or will their be some fine? or  will they confiscate him?

Someone please advise

i think it is too late,you should have spoken with the ghana embassy at the country you are in and get the neccessary documents govering your dog,and even at the airpot they would ask of the necessary documents governing your dog and also not all people who will be in the plane with you love dogs so obviously there is some concerns there,is just too late,leave the dog there and come see your granddad,because there is no way you can come along with him...

I have a signed health certificate and his proof of vaccinations but don't have an import permit. I read that if you arrive without an import permit then you have to pay a fine. I have tried contacting the embassy and the Ghana veterinary service department but their ability to be reached is lacking as they never answer the phone. I wish I could just leave my dog but I cant find any family or friends to watch him and hotel services are very expensive.

i know bro, you can bring him but when you get here to ghana at the airpot,there will need some specific documents and if you cant provide that i think you will have to pay some money and that will be lots i believe since you dont have that particular permit,i live in ghana and know how the system works,i would love you to constantly contact the embassy for a note or something so u wouldnt have to stress when you get to the airpot,it wouldnt be a nice feelings,the ghaa embassy over there can help you with that

the system just sucks here in ghana, to save you from all the stress and all just keep contacting the embassy over there to atleast give u a passing note for the dog so you can show it to the security or something when u arrive in ghana,just to save you the stress and all the amount of monies u will pay at the airpot,

Thanks for the advice, I'll keep trying the embassy for the note!

sure

Well you can bring the dog along... They wouldn't care too much, but the dog would be checked. And if it's healthy then cool.