Building a house in zanzibar

Hi,

I was looking for lots for sale in Zanzibar and I found some interesting offers. I was wondering how expensive would it then be to build a private house in one of these lots.

Does someone know the average prices for square meter for construction on the island, or knows an agency I can ask to?
What about the construction taxes?
I also read in another post that the goverment was taking away land from people that didn't build on it after buying. Is that still a thing?

Every kind of information will be useful.

Thanks,

Marco

P.S. : I'm from Italy

Hello Marco,

Welcome to  Expat.com :)

Maybe you can get in touch with one of the real estate agencies listed in our business directory : https://www.expat.com/en/business/afric … al-estate/

Hope it will help you.

Priscilla
Expat.com Team

It's easy to if u have plots or if you have people  who there back on you the will help you ....but in dar es salaam we have  a big place of beach n the sold in cheap prices .if ur serious find me we can make it

Marco,

I have purchase a lot in Nungwi Zanzibar, we just finished building the exterior wall around our property. Next will be to build our home also, I saw the text to you to find contractors, I am getting in touch with you as we seek the same idea.  Please as I will, keep in touch and we talk about this together, maybe we can help each other.

Hello from Zanzibar

Already got it

@Machopper Hi Marco,

I was wondering if you got your question answered, as I am also looking to find out the rough pricing of building a house in Zanzibar.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

@Sama_S  hi, my name is Maria and I want to build a house in Zanzibar also. Can you please advise me on this matter. I will appreciate if you can contact me  on [link moderated]

@Machopper  hi, my name is Maria and I want to build a house in Zanzibar also. Currently I'm looking for architect and contractor company. Can you please advise me on this matter. I will appreciate if you can contact me  on [link moderated]

Hello Maria,

Welcome to expat.com!

I hope that @Sama_S and @Machopper will see your message soon.

On another note, for your own safety, do not share your contact details on the forum.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@marlion55

hello maria

I am engineer Firaz Nassar

Project manager for construction projects currently working on a hotel resort in zanzibar.

if you are still looking for contractor please contact me for more in-depth discussion and evaluation of your requirements.

@Firaznassar How much does the construction of the foundation of a house cost in Nungwi. Can someone tell me the approximate price per m2. I plan to start building soon