Moving to Accra in 2022

Hi all! this is Bignon here.
I'm a French citizen currently living in Nantes/France and there is a chance we (my wife, my 6 years old daughter and myself) may move to Accra in September 2022 for 3 or 4 years.

Our daughter French school will be located in East Lagon and we would prefer to live not too far in order to avoid a long commuting time for her. Walking distance is preferable else 15min max by car is perfect.
My wife will be working At Cantonments district .

Would anyone recommend any area/districts to live ? Not a too high class expat/diplomat area but a more local medium high class district and safe to live and walk around.

Any recommendation/advise will be more than welcome including best internet websites for apartment hunting, please.

Thanks a lot!

East Legon will be a very good location. There are some very nice properties in East Legon and it has a good variety of shops and restaurants. However the commute for your wife could be more of an issue as traffic from East Legon into Accra can be quite heavy in the morning and evening.
To get ideas of prices and areas to live look at accraexpat.com. They have some great how to guides and give good information on areas in Accra. They also have a real estate section which will give you some ideas about property prices. You can also look on Tonaton and other property sites. A good idea would be to come to Ghana and stay in a serviced apartment for a month to find your way around and where you want to live as deciding from property descriptions usually leads to disappointment. Also never send or give money to anyone unless you are sure you are actually dealing with the owner of the property.
I'm sure you will enjoy your stay in Ghana

Hi Hkann, thanks for your feedback :)

You can also look at Ghana Property Centre's website. They have a good variety of properties

Thank you so much!

Hi bignon,

It sounds like East Legon should work for you. It's a large and diverse neighbourhood with safe areas. Without traffic, your wife can get to Cantonments in 20 minutes. Another neighbourhood you may consider that's in between East Legon and Cantonments, and is diverse, "medium/high class" is Dzorwulu. There are a lot of great homes and flats in both. Welcome to GH! :)

Thanks a lot Diamond & Dusk !