Planning to move to Shenzhen [ Indian]

Hello,

I am looking for an on-site opportunity in Shenzhen. So planning to move to Shenzhen along with my family.

so can you tell me about the best area to stay, in terms of where I can find some Indian grocery shops or more Indian or foreign people are staying..

Hi Vineet, welcome to Shenzhen!

It really depends on your lifestyle. You want to live like a Chinese, or live along with foreign people?

If you want to live with more foreigners around, Shekou of Nanshan district might be the district you are looking for. In this expensive, high-rent area with tons of bars, you will see foreign faces like every 5 steps away... I like Shekou. My church is at Shekou too. But I don't think I would ever live there... Good for foreigners, I highly recommend it.

If you want to live and feel more like locals, Luohu and Futian are the districts you are looking at. I have two Indian friends who live in Futian, a very good living place.

Speaking of Indian food, I suggest you get familiar with online shopping tools like Taobao or JD. Indian ingredients are a bit difficult to find. You probably want to go to Sam's Club also for food. One is in Futian.

Indian restaurants, I know a few in Shekou (yeah, Shekou). I can't tell they are real Indian foods or no, but as a Chinese, I like them.

I hope the information above can help you a bit!