I hear you can bring a tv customs in dr said no

Ok so I'm planning on bringing a tv with me in original box call american they sent me to talk to someone in DR they say customs in dr new rules will not let Tv in >has anyone brought a tv lately ??thanks only 50 inch

Hi, we brought in 4 50” TVs in the last 7 months for our house. Not at the same time, and in original package. Never had a problem, just let custom know it's for your own use and not a gift.
Flew Delta each time,  since jet blue doesn't allow boxes! The value can not exceed 500$ and hypothetically this is every 3 months ! So if you bring in a tv that cost 800$ you will have to pay duty. Make sure you have your receipt!
Hope this helps

thanks for the info, very helpful as wr are thinking of taking a 55 about 3 years old and a new 75", the company we use quoted 10 x in to take TVs
will need to check airlines/customs to see which is cheaper.
in another note, BestBuy tech informed me that the QLED are not permitted out of the country, strange. FYI.

Yes check with airline, I was under the impression that 50” is the cut off! My hubby told me he saw someone check in a 65” a few weeks ago!? Instead of a bigger size tv, we opted for a TV projector which fit right into suitcase.
But I have used shipping company for other stuff, just shipped down a Weber gas grill and still saved money :)

airline restrictions migjt be 50, this company told us 65 he can take for 20$ per inch.
i will check as i want my 75 at least hahah
thanks friends

Also remember that your guarantee is useless as soon as you get on that plane.

yes i am aware of that , thanks
so, are there any groups or gatherings that expats can get together for festivies of our countries etc?
if not we should and keep our holidays going
thanks for your great assistance on this site

Thank you i have receipt 498 :) in origenal box thanks so much im going to give it a shot

I shipped 3 pallets  to Moca - on one was a 60 in Sony and a 54 in Sony - brand new, in their boxes and I had the receipts. I bought on sale in AZ - Customs still dinged me for their DR retail price - but all in all, it wasn't bad (only shock was paying duty on all my USED clothes).....