Changing Money

How does someone change money from Euros to Guarani when they first arrive at the Asuncion airport?  I assume there is some type of money changer at the airport.  Is it a machine or a person?  What do I look for / what is it called?

I'd imagine that the cost for currency conversion at the airport would cost more than other places.  Once I leave the airport, where is the best place to convert my Euros to Guarani (without having a bank account).

Hello 9thWave!

I hope that you will soon get replies to your query.

Harmonie.:)

Yes, you can change money at the airport, it will say šcambios.š I think Cambios Chaco is the one at the airport. After that you could go downtown, thereŽs a bunch of places on calle PALMA.

Muchas gracias, Melusine.

Especially on Palma walking the side-walks youŽll hear every now and then a guy saying the word šCambioš. They are street money exchagers and its perfectly legal.YouŽll almost always get a better exchange rate with them, though BE WARNED, youŽll have to know your stuff... meaning donŽt do business with them in blind trust.Know the Changing Houses (Cambios) exchange rates before hand! And they are also not the place youŽre gonna go to exchange €2000 at one time. Friend and I did that once, I still have horrors about that trip!