How many bed rooms for family of five as per BE rule

Dear All,

Hope all of you are in good healthy.

Just wonder to know, for family of 5 (me, my wife and three children age 9 a girl, age 5  a girl and age 4 a boy) how many bed rooms house should rent as per Belgium rule.

Thanknyou.
God bless.

Hello,

it depends on the region where you're going to live and when the building was created.

but the generic rules is that the accommodation must have at least 2 bedrooms when the household includes one or more children over 1 year old.
Then you've to check the age of the children & the sex and you'll have to split them at when one reach 10 years old

If the accommodation was build before the 1st January 2008, the area of living rooms (and not total area) must be over 33m² for 3 peoples + 5m² per extra ==> 43m² of living room.
+ one of the living room must be at least 15m²
if the accommodation was build after 2008, the default reference is 24m²

Then you've extra condition that also vary depending on the region but basically they're nearly the same:

All rooms must have a usable area of at least 6 m2 when used by 2 people and 9 m2 if used for 3 people.
The kitchen cannot be used as a bedroom
The living room cannot be used as a bedroom when the household includes one or more children over the age of 6
The accommodation must have enough bedrooms so that a 10-year-old child does not have to share their bedroom with a child of the opposite sex.

So in your case, and if you don't want to move when one of your girl will reach 10 years old, you should pick:
1 room for you & your partner
1 room for the girls
1 room for the boy

Dear Alex,

Thank you for sharing below detail information.
Its very help full indeed.

If i did not bother you i need clarity on below :

..... if you don't want to move when one of your girl will reach 10 years old...

In this statement am i correct that until one of my girl reach 10 all of my three children can share one bed room ?

Thank you again.

God bless.

Indeed.
Once she'll turn 10, she'll have to be split from your "boy" children.
More practically, the girls will have their rooms and the boy will be in his room.
Until the other girl get 10, they can stay in the same room.

Now, you're going to be an expat, so I guess you'll rent a house.
Most of the rent are on a basic of 9 years loan, and if you cancel within the first 3 years, you'll have to pay 1, 2 or 3 monthly rent to leave the accommodation.
So, renting a 2 rooms accommodation then switch to a 3 rooms accommodation is a super wrong calculation! Pick a 3 rooms from the beginning!

Dear Alex,

Thank you very much for your detailed information.
Its very helpfull for me..

God bless you.

Regards,

@AlexFromBelgium

Dear

what will be the housing requirements (Area and No. of bedrooms) for Husband, Wife and a daughter of 2 years old?

Thankyou

@AlexFromBelgium
Dear
what will be the housing requirements (Area and No. of bedrooms) for Husband, Wife and a daughter of 2 years old?

Thankyou
-@monib rehman

Read post No 2

@monib rehman as per Alex, when your child is older than 1 year they will require their own room. So 2 rooms for you and your family.