NVC SEND AN EMAIL ABOUT 60 DAYS

Hello, I received an email from nvc saying that I would have to wait another 60 days to receive an interview date.  my country has no backlogs because people who get DQ 20 days before me got their interview date already,

Why  are they send me it ?  They arent available visas?

Hello Mkaristr,

Please note that your thread is now on the English speaking forum. 1f60a.svg

Maybe reading the Living in the USA guide , articles about Visas in the USA will help.

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team
@Cheryl. Hello, I received an email from nvc saying that I would have to wait another 60 days to receive an interview date.  my country has no backlogs because people who get DQ 20 days before me got their interview date already,

@Cheryl. Hello, I received an email from nvc saying that I would have to wait another 60 days to receive an interview date.  my country has no backlogs because people who get DQ 20 days before me got their interview date already,

- @Mkaristr

Cheryl is an Expat.com moderator, she has no information about USA visa availability or inside knowledge of how the NVC or American embassies operate.

You might try contacting your local USA embassy for questions if NVC has approved your petition and sent your case to the embassy.  Otherwise contact NVC.

@romaniac ah good?  can I contact my embassy?  they won't create a problem for me with my file?  yes NVc has already accepted all my filesni

@romaniac ah good?  can I contact my embassy?  they won't create a problem for me with my file?  yes NVc has already accepted all my filesni

- @Mkaristr

If you ask questions then it won't cause any problems as long as you are nice. We [Expat.com] can only offer advice.

- @Mkaristr

Sure you can ask questions.  NVC does make mistakes.  My wife's petition was approved, and we waited for like 45 days to get notified of the embassy appointment.  The embassy said their wait time for appointments was only a week at the time.  I called NVC and they said it was the embassy's problem.  I politely but sternly contacted the US embassy and explained the situation, within 2 days they had the NVC expedite the case to the embassy and we had an appointment.  The NVC sat on the file or something, but the embassy got it worked out.

Your circumstances are likely different, but reaching out to them might solve the delay.
COVID has put claims back, so they are working through them all.

@romaniac   thanks