Ban for re-entry to Turkey

Hello for all of you :)
I have a question...
during my last stay in turkey i overstayed my visa 3 days and when it came to leave this beautiful country on the airport at visa violation Office worker gave me choose to pay penalty  fee or don't pay a nd receive a ban for re-entry to Turkey for 3 months . I choosed ban and he told that if I'll back after 3 months i can pay this fee and everything will be good . Is that true ? I can back after that 3 months ?
And how they calculating ban for re-entry ?  3 months need just pass from the day of my leaving turkey yes ?

Thank you for your answers :)
what is the code of the ban given to you

@mohamed muhumed where i can find it ? Because in passport i don't have any ban stamps i have just a normal stamp for leaving country as other Stampa

@Pawel Romanowski You should have asked the Turkish Immigration at that time. If you are unsure, I suggest you call the Turkish embassy or Consulate in your country for clarification

@raregems11
I asked and he told that after 3 months i can back and pay penalty and will be ok . I wanted just ask to be sure 😃
If they told you that you had a 3 month ban then it is only 3 months, and when you go back pay the fine, and they will let you in. Turkey is desperate for cash they are looking for tourists to go there, and spend money. Not keep you out. That is why they have such lax rules regarding overstaying your visa(Being able to pay cash for each month you overstay instead of banning you or putting you in prison). They will let you back in. As long as you pay the fine.
@Randomguy2000
Thank you so much for your answer yes I'll do this I'll go . He told 3 months i can back just pay and that's it :) 16 September I'm planning to go for 3 months again :) inşallah
Irrespective of practice, I like to like with the rules (I have to say it can be VERY profitable as well), overstaying or taxes, or ... there is a choice, I think one can do very very well by not being following the rules, but that is not me.
I am not rich, but using the leapholes in tax systems has helped me quite a bit, by creating an issue I might endageour this.
Anyhow I do not like any stress (at all).

In my view it is not good that it is so so easy to avoid normal taxes. (taxes are meant for redistibution as well) OK I do not like the massive burden in Turkey (perhaps it will change) and I can leave, still taxes through VAT, income, capital gains and even living in house (Netherlands) are possible.
Capitalism (nothing wrong, but ..)

Messy post I realize, but the tendency is clear I think.
@Randomguy2000 Might be and it certainly is that Turkey needs cash, however not living by the rules (eg overstaying) might get you registered for future purposes (for example not required as a permanent resident). Overstaying is very very easy to check why creating problems for yourself?
What is the reason for overstaying (if documented why I think it is fine, but so much bureaucracy).

Rules can be implemented every day, somebody who breached this or that is not allowed this or that. , in my view overstaying is not wise longer term (of course there could be very very good reasons, but in general in my view it is not ignorance).
Bottom line (not at this stage) could one be considered as a person non-grata if being registered as over-stayer in the future?
Stupid to be known by authorities as being one breaching rules (especially if you want to be a resident (possibly not the case for Pawel but that is another case).

@Pawel Romanowski All the confirmed information would be printed on the slip of paper you were required to sign and given—typical non-payment results in a 5-year ban. Due to pandemics, embassies no longer accept money but try. You may attempt to return after the time limit has expired. There is often no fine for fewer than ten days. Was your visa a 30-day visa or less? This may explain why it is distinct. If allowed, you may return and pay at the cashier's desk at passport control if the prohibition for three months has been lifted.

@d4zt7bsj
In visa violation Office worker just told me that after 3 months i can back pay the fine and will be good . That's it. I didn't signed any documentation and i received nothing .I'm polish citizenship and my visa was 90 days and i overstayed my visa 3 days as they told me . Generally i can staying in Türkiye 3 months after 3 months j need be abroad and again i can back for 3 months without applying for visa . In my case is visa on arrival and even don't need passport to go turkey from April polish people can travel just with polish id to turkey .

@Pawel Romanowski  as far as i know, 3 days overstay is nothing. You are free to come anytime again. There will be no issues.

Still rules are rules, why overstaying?
Why create possible problems and a record.

Irrespective of what Turkey rules are; generally speaking, it is not a good practice to overstay beyond your visa in any country.  And if you do end up overstaying, if given an option of a fine, jump at it vs. ignoring it.   Excluding Turkey, in a large number of countries, overstay leads to future visa denials quite commonly.

If I overstayed a visa in turkey by a longer period - say 9 months or 1 year - would I only have to pay a fine or would I get a ban as well? I can't tell if the ban is only if you don't pay or can you get banned and fined at the same time?

@mercy_everywhere Breaching rules, a shame. Just bring enough money,, buy your property, overstaying no excuse in my view,rules are rules. What is the reason to breach??

Just abide!!

If I overstayed a visa in turkey by a longer period - say 9 months or 1 year - would I only have to pay a fine or would I get a ban as well? I can't tell if the ban is only if you don't pay or can you get banned and fined at the same time?
-@mercy_everywhere

It fully depends on the immigration officer at the time and the general policy of Turkey at that time. But the general policy of turkey is that if you pay a fine, you won't get banned. But if you don't pay the fine you will get a 1 year to 5 year ban from Turkey.

You can technically get banned and fined at the same time. But this usually doesn't happen often since the Turkish government wants to promote you to pay the fine instead of refusing and taking the ban from Turkey.

Hi and Assalam o alakum to everyone

I over stayed for 1month bit I payed 8500lira per person at the visa violation office

Now in future there's no issue to entering in turkey and I don't have to pay fine because I already paid.

But I believe that as a tourist we all have to follow the rules of the country.

@Randomguy2000

An example:

If the officer first tells you that you have to stay away 6 month, and then ask you to pay 2500 lira.

If no information about a ban exists at the "2500 Lira reciept" or no ban shows in the passport, then I guess you can come back to Turkiye, and you are not banned to enter.

You agree?

@Pawel Romanowsk they told me 3 months ban and 2000 TL fine. When i went back after 3 months i found out they banned me for 5 years.

@Pawel Romanowski i was told that i have to pay 2000 TL and also have a 3 mobths ban. When i went back after the ban they told me i have 5 years ban.

@Pawel Romanowski did u enter

@bilto biltoevskiy

Did you pay the 2000 at the airport?

@Randomguy2000
An example:

If the officer first tells you that you have to stay away 6 month, and then ask you to pay 2500 lira.

If no information about a ban exists at the "2500 Lira reciept" or no ban shows in the passport, then I guess you can come back to Turkiye, and you are not banned to enter.

You agree?
-@Fredswede

If the officer tells you that you are banned for 6 months, then I would take it that you are banned for 6 months. I also heard that they will put a different stamp in your passport saying you are banned. Also when you pay the fine they will give you a piece of paper saying that you paid the fine, and you will have to go through the police passport control instead of the regular passport control.

If they tell you to pay the fine, and they don't say your not banned. Then your not banned.

If they give you no paper, and no stamp saying that your banned then its also safe to assume you are not banned.

I know people who paid fees for overstaying and they left Turkey and the next day flew back into Turkey again on a new tourist visa, and didnt have any issues expect having to go through an extra process at the airport.

@Randomguy2000

Thanks!

Officer never uses the word ban, just "I want you to stay away 6 month", and then he gave her the 2 500 bill.

No different stamp in passport, only a paper saying she paid 2 500 lira. No information about a ban, and she went through normal passport-control, but the "passport-controller" made a phonecall, and after the phonecall he stamped the normal stamp in passport.

Maybe the officer wanted my girlfriend to stay away for 6 month or pay the fee, and when she paid the fee, maybe the officer choosed not to ban her, cause she said sorry and explained a good reason(even if there is no good reasons, rules are rules).

Hope she can return after 3 month with no issues.

@Fredswede Yes i paid 2000TL

@bilto biltoevskiy

Go back again and show them, that you have  paid.

You can also take away the ban if you apply for a consular visa at the embassy in your country. Tell them your story, ans show them that you have paid.

I travelled istanbul on 8th January 2023 and immigration not allowed me to enter turkey due to overstayed last year (2022) but I have paid fines before I left turkey. Officer said that I can re-enter turkey in 1 months then they gave me paper that show Entry ban( Law No 6458 article 7-1b).

How can I check if I'm still under entry ban or not?