Visas To Enter Vietnam

***(IMPORTANT! Due to current covid measures, check with Vietnam Immigration Authority to confirm current availability and lengths of validity)***

List of the Visas types from Vietnamese Immigration Dept.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NG1

Issued to guests in the delegations of the General Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Vietnam, President, President of the National Assembly and Prime Minister

NG

Issued to guests in the delegation of the Standing Committee of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Vietnam, Vice President, Vice President of the National Assembly, Deputy Prime Minister, and Chairman of the Central Committee of the Vietnam Fatherland Front , Chief Justice of the Supreme People's Court, Head of the Supreme People's Procuracy, State Auditor General; members in the delegation of ministers, the Secretary of the Provincial Party Committee, the Secretary of the Party Committee, the President of the People's Council, the President of the People's Committee of the province or city under the central government.

NG3

Issued to members of diplomatic missions, consular offices, representative offices of international organizations affiliated with the UN, representative offices of intergovernmental organizations and their spouses, children under 18 years of age, assistants.

NG4

Issued to people who come to work with diplomatic missions, consulates, representative offices of international organizations affiliated to the United Nations and representative offices of intergovernmental organizations; people visiting members of diplomatic missions, consular offices, representative offices of international organizations affiliated to the United Nations and representative offices of intergovernmental organizations.

LV1

Issued to people who come to work with the Communist Party Central Committee's agencies, The National Assembly, the Government, the Central Committee of the Vietnam Fatherland Front, the Supreme People's Court, the Supreme People's Procuracy, the State Audit, ministries, ministerial-level agencies; provincial party committee, city party committee, People's Council, People's Committee of the province or city under central authority.

LV2

Issued to people who come to work with socio-political organizations, social organizations, Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry.

DT

Issued to foreign investors in Vietnam and foreign lawyers practicing in Vietnam

DN

Issued to people who come to work with businesses in Vietnam (business visa)

NN1

Issued to people who are heads of representative offices and projects of international organizations and foreign non-governmental organizations in Vietnam

NN2

Issued to heads of representative offices, branches of foreign traders, representative offices of foreign economic, cultural and other professional organizations in Vietnam

NN3

Issued to people who come to work with foreign non-governmental organizations, representative offices, branches of foreign traders, representative offices of foreign economic, cultural and other professional organizations in Vietnam.

DH

Issued to people who come to practice or study

HN

Issued to people who come to attend conferences and seminars

PV1

Issued to journalists permanently residing in Vietnam

PV2

Issued to journalists who come to work for a short term in Vietnam

LD

Issued to people who come to work (working visa)

DL

Issued to tourists (Tourist visa)

TT

Issued to foreigners that are spouses, children under 18 years of age of the foreigners issued with LV1, LV2, ĐT, NN1, NN2, DH, PV1, LĐ visas or foreigners who are parents, wives, husbands and children of Vietnamese citizens

VR

Issued to people who come to visit their relatives or for other purposes

SQ

Heads of overseas Vietnamese agencies competent to grant visas are valid for no more than 30 days for foreigners wishing to enter Vietnam to conduct market surveys, travel, visit relatives, and treatment of the following cases:

●    Persons who have a working relationship with a Vietnamese visa-issuing authority abroad and their spouses or children or who have a written request of a competent agency of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the host country.

●    Persons with guarantee notes of diplomatic missions or consulates of countries located in host countries.

*Length of validity for visa types

***(IMPORTANT!Due to current covid measures, check with Vietnam Immigration Authority to confirm current availability and lengths of validity)***

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DT

No more than 5 years

LD

No more than 2 years

NG1, NG2, NG3, NG4, LV1, LV2, DN, NN1, NN2, NN3, DH, PV1, PV2 and TT

No more than 12 months

VR

No more than 6 months

HN, DL

No more than 3 months

(current covid measures state 30 days maximum, online eVisa application)

SQ

No more than 30 days

Source: https://vietnamconsulateinhouston.org/v … isa-types/

Hello Aidan,

Thank you for sharing such important information about Visas to enter Vietnam. 1f609.svg

Since it will be very useful to people on this forum, I have pinned your thread.

Keep sharing this kind of information!

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

A Step-By-Step Guide to completing the current Vietnam eVisa online application.

Personal details section:

------------------------------------

The 2 pictures you need to upload include your Vietnam e-visa photo and passport data page. They must be in either jpg, jpeg or gif format and less than 2MB. For portrait photo, the picture has to comply with Vietnam visa photo requirement. Meanwhile the passport page picture needs to show full information.

Vietnam e-visa full name:

You must enter your full name with the same order as one in your passport. Please note that Vietnam e-visa name order is a common mistake that applicants make when they switch the sequence of last name and first name while the request is - First name – Middle name – Last name.

Sex:

Select either Male or Female            (note:"Yes, please" is not an option 1f609.svg)

Date of birth:

Type the date in DD/MM/YYYY format or choose from the available calendar. If there's no exact date, you can tick on “Only year is known” next to it. However, the provided information must coincide with your date of birth in passport.

Current nationality:

You will choose 1 of 81 nationalities in the dropdown list eligible for Vietnam e-visa. And it is the nationality indicated in the passport you use to apply for the e-visa, too.

Nationality at birth:

**This is optional. You can input if you have a different nationality when you were born.

Vietnam e-visa religion:

Provide your actual religion or type “None”/ “No”/ “N/A” if there is no religion. You can't leave it blank since Vietnam e-visa religion is a compulsory one.

Vietnam e-visa occupation :

**This is optional. Provide your current occupation or leave it blank

Permanent residential address:

**This is optional. It's up to you to either fill it out or ignore it.

Phone number:

**This is optional. It's up to you to either fill it out or ignore it.

Email:

Enter a valid email address. This email will be used to track your registration, so you'd better enter a frequently used one.

Passport number:

Enter the exact number series on your passport.

Type:

Select among Diplomatic, Official, Ordinary in the list.

Expiry date:

Select or type the expiry date as shown in your passport

Travel information section:

----------------------------------------

Intended date of entry:

Enter the planned day you will arrive in Vietnam in DD/MM/YYYY format or select from the provided calendar.

Intended length of stay in Vietnam:

Enter the number of days. It cannot be more than 30 days as Vietnam e-visa validity.

Purpose of entry:

Select from the list your actual purpose of travel to Vietnam.

Vietnam e-visa intended temporary residential address in Vietnam:

This can be (y)our booked hotel address, your relative/ friend home or any sponsored accommodation (Vietnam e-visa temporary residential address is the one in Vietnam, not permanent address in your home country).

City/Province:

Choose the city/province where your above temporary address in Vietnam is located.

Inviting/guaranteeing agency/organization (if any):

If there's any agency or company guarantee for your trip, you can provide its name and official address in Vietnam.

Under 14 years old accompanying child(ren) included in your passport (if any):

In case your children who are in your passport go with you to Vietnam, you need to enter their information including their full name, sex and date of birth, passport photo (Guidelines to take e-visa pictures for children).

Visa request section:

-------------------------------

Grant Evisa valid from:

The default date the intended date of entry you provided above and “To” date is 30 days later. If your request is different, you can manually key in DD/MM/YYYY format.

Allowed to entry through checkpoint:

Choose entry points among 33 eligible ports (airport, landport, seaport) in the list.

Exit through checkpoint:

Choose entry points among 33 eligible ports (airport, landport, seaport) in the list. Both entry and exit points can't be changed once your e-visa is issued; therefore, you must be sure that you are able to go through those checkpoints.

Finally, put a tick in the disclaimer box and enter the security code below.

After you complete filling out all the fields, don't forget to review carefully and ensure all provided information is correct. Otherwise, your Vietnam e-visa registration might be rejected by the Official.

Vietnam e-visa online application process is done when you successfully make payment online after submitting the form. The e-visa fee is $25/pax and must be paid by international debit or credit card. Then, the system returns to you a registration code which will be used to check your application status later.

(note: make sure you record the registration number which will allow you to search for your application results)

Once you get Vietnam e-visa, you must print it out and carry along to Vietnam with your passport. There's no further paper and fee required by local Customs Officials at the checkpoints.

Source: https://vietnamembassy-norway.org/visa- … line-form/

The Houston Consulate General for Vietnam hasn't updated all of their information in accordance with the most recent major changes approved by the government in December, 2019 and put into effect as of July 1st, 2020.

That's understandable considering the impact of COVID.

Also, many of their links regarding specific foreign nation requirements already pointed to further information on the website of one of the largest visa agencies in Vietnam.

That website has a fully updated page reflecting the significant changes that went into effect on July 1, 2020:

vietnam-visa.com/new-vietnam-immigration-policy

Perhaps most significant for regular inquirers on this forum are changes to the ĐT class of visas:

► This visa type is now amended and supplemented as follows:
LS – to be granted to foreign lawyers practicing in Vietnam.
ĐT1 – to be granted to foreign investors in Vietnam and representatives of foreign organizations investing in Vietnam with capital contribution of at least VNĐ100 billion, or investing in the business fields and areas of investment incentives decided by the Vietnam Government.
ĐT2 – to be granted to foreign investors in Vietnam and representatives of foreign organizations investing in Vietnam with capital contribution of VNĐ50 – under VND100 billion, or investing in the business fields of investment encouragement decided by the Vietnam Government.
ĐT3 – to be granted to foreign investors in Vietnam and representatives of foreign organizations investing in Vietnam with capital contribution of VNĐ3 – under VND50 billion.
ĐT4 – to be granted to foreign investors in Vietnam and representatives of foreign organizations investing in Vietnam with capital contribution of less than VNĐ3 billion.

Further down that same page, the issue of maximum approved TRC for each one of those visa types within the ĐT group is addressed:

Please take note that in accordance with the current laws, all foreign investors can obtain a ĐT visa which is a good basis for an application for a temporary residence card valid for up to 5 years.
But in accordance with this new law, foreign investors with ĐT4 visa (having the capital contribution of less than VNĐ3 billion) is not eligible for a temporary residence card in Vietnam/
There are also some changes in the validity of those temporary residence cards.
If according to current law, a temporary residence card is valid for 5 years at maximum, its validity under the new law is valid for up to 10 years, specifically as follows:
TRC with ĐT1 code: valid for up to 10 years
TRC with NG3, LV1, LV2, LS, ĐT2 and DH: valid for up to 05 years
TRC with NN1, NN2, ĐT3 and TT: valid for up to 03 years
TRC with LĐ1, LĐ2, and PV1: valid for up to 02 years.

(All applicable links to official government sources confirming that information are included on that webpage)

Based on anecdotal reports here and on social media, plus info from my own visa agent, ĐT4 visa holders are only able to qualify for a 1-year ĐN business visa.

Hi there!

i'd like to enter Vietnam at first visa-free for about 10 days, then leave Vietnam to travel through Cambodia for about 10 days, to reenter Vietnam with the 30 days tourist e-visa. Do you think this kind of visa-run is possible?

I'd be glad to hear from you.

Greetings,

Phil from Germany

Hi there!
i'd like to enter Vietnam at first visa-free for about 10 days, then leave Vietnam to travel through Cambodia for about 10 days, to reenter Vietnam with the 30 days tourist e-visa. Do you think this kind of visa-run is possible?
Greetings,
Phil from Germany
-@phil8

Hi Phil,

There shouldn't be any problem doing that.

Have a good journey.

Hi there!
Greetings,
Phil from Germany
-@phil8

Hi Phil, and welcome to expat.com!

May I assume that you hold a German passport? If so, and as indicated by OceanBeach92107, YES, entirely doable! In fact, and as you probably already know, as a German passport holder you can enter VN visa-free and stay for up to 15 days.

I do have one suggestion for you. Though the VN eVisa site's faq page states a three day response time to an eVisa application, some members have reported delays. I would suggest you apply well before your intended reentry date into VN from Cambodia (you could even apply now, from Germany) for your 30 day VN visa, to avoid any approval complications/delays.

Again, welcome to expat.com

Quoting Aidan:

TT

Issued to foreigners that are spouses, children under 18 years of age of the foreigners issued with LV1, LV2, ĐT, NN1, NN2, DH, PV1, LĐ visas or foreigners who are parents, wives, husbands and children of Vietnamese citizens

No more than 12 months

End quote

Is this a mistake? Or do people who marry VNese now only get 1 year instead of 3 to 5 years?

Quoting Aidan:
TT

No more than 12 months
End quote

Is this a mistake? Or do people who marry VNese now only get 1 year instead of 3 to 5 years?
-@ChoculaD

That's confusing visas with TRCs.

TT is a visa, and the limit is 1 year, though recently, I know of 3 different newlywed foreigners who have been denied a TRC immediately after marriage, and instead were only granted an initial 6 month TT visa when switching from a 30-day eVisa (1 in Quảng Nam, 1 in Bình Định and 1 in HCMC***).

The spousal TRC is classified TT (according to the designation on my TRC) but it is a visa exemption, not a visa (also noted on mine).

(***The spouse of the guy granted only a 6 month TT visa in HCMC (10 days ago) immediately applied to sponsor his TRC in Bà Rịa–Vũng Tàu--her home province--and was granted a 2-year TRC today...so 3 years is not guaranteed. That's ultimately up to the province.)

@ChoculaD

According to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for Vietnam, 12 months.

Chocula, please let us know if you find information contrary to this. We would certainly appreciate it.

edit; thank you, OceanBeach92107

@Aidan in HCMC It's not so easy! I have been trying for two days and always get to the payment part and a link to Vietcombank for payment which seems to be blocked no matter which browser I use on my laptop (Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox). I also tried on my iPad, both Safari and Chrome, but the passport page photograph is not accepted for exceeding "maximum file size" which is plain ridiculous.

The previous time I got an evisa was a simple and straightfoward exercise, but no longer it seems.

I'll just enter on the 15 free visa scheme (UK passport) and then try and apply for a 30 day evisa within Vietnam, and do a border run, or get an agent to do it for me if the same obstacles persist.

@Aidan in HCMC It's not so easy! I have been trying for two days and always get to the payment part and a link to Vietcombank for payment which seems to be blocked no matter which browser I use on my laptop (Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox). I also tried on my iPad, both Safari and Chrome, but the passport page photograph is not accepted for exceeding "maximum file size" which is plain ridiculous.
The previous time I got an evisa was a simple and straightfoward exercise, but no longer it seems.

I'll just enter on the 15 free visa scheme (UK passport) and then try and apply for a 30 day evisa within Vietnam, and do a border run, or get an agent to do it for me if the same obstacles persist.
-@FforestFach

Vietcom bank? Are you sure you're using the approved National Web Portal On Immigration, E-VISA Page?

Perhaps you are/were using some agency's site? Here is the VN gov't "faq" page.

May I ask when it was that you had previously received an eVisa?

When you have the time, please let us know how you fare. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated and would certainly benefit many others, sir.

-@FforestFach

Resize your photo is a very simple fix. You cannot pay if the photo is not accepted.

Resize your photo is a very simple fix. You cannot pay if the photo is not accepted.
-@pogiwayne

Easy enough to resize a photo. Agreed. And you're absolutely right about having to input the photo, then have it reviewed/accepted, prior to paying.

So then, how would one  get to the payment page without having submitted an acceptable photo.

And, if I recall, Vietcom Bank isn't where the payments are sent to. I can't recall the exact name now, but I think it was something like "Payoo", or some-such.

This led me to think that a third party's site was used, as opposed to the official eVisa portal.

Hopefully we'll hear back from FforestFach to clear this up.

@OceanBeach92107 Great, thanks a lot!

@Aidan in HCMC Thank you! I will follow your suggestion. Fortunately, there's enough time left...

I've been using the official (?) "National Web Portal on Immigration" site - https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/khai- … uc-dien-tu

Every time (eight times now over three days, eight different registration codes) I receive the registration code and am directed to pay and every time it's a link to VietCombank.nganluong.vn which no browser allows me to open.

I saw somewhere that the system has recently changed to using VietCom Bank for payments and not Payoo, I don't know if this is correct or not. The same statement said that VietCom Bank's IT is a disaster.

As for my photographs the system has not rejected anything submitted so far, it issues the registration code and invites me to pay via VietCom Bank so I don't know if the photographs are an issue or not.

The last time I obtained an evisa was sometime in 2019 or early 2020, pre-Covid, and I recall the payment was via Payoo; that worked very well and was simple to use.

I've been using the official (?) "National Web Portal on Immigration" site - https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/khai- … uc-dien-tu

Try this link instead:

https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/en_US … uc-dien-tu

https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn

/en_US/web/guest/

khai-thi-thuc-dien-tu/cap-thi-thuc-dien-tu

I "think" the problem may be that the website is reading you as being inside vietnam.

The payment system is set up for people being outside Vietnam.

Technically the eVisa system is not set up for people to apply from within and pay from within Vietnam.

Although VPNs are technically illegal in Vietnam, it might be necessary for someone applying from within Vietnam to use a VPN to indicate their location is outside Vietnam.

Anyone outside Vietnam using a VPN to show their location as Vietnam could be misdirecting the system.

If you are using a link obtained from someone who was using a VPN, that might account for the constant misdirection to VietcomBank

These are admittedly guesses, but the fact that you are using a different link from the one I get says that maybe that's the problem.

Every time (eight times now over three days, eight different registration codes) I receive the registration code and am directed to pay and every time it's a link to VietCombank.nganluong.vn which no browser allows me to open.

I saw somewhere that the system has recently changed to using VietCom Bank for payments and not Payoo, I don't know if this is correct or not. The same statement said that VietCom Bank's IT is a disaster.

As for my photographs the system has not rejected anything submitted so far, it issues the registration code and invites me to pay via VietCom Bank so I don't know if the photographs are an issue or not.

The last time I obtained an evisa was sometime in 2019 or early 2020, pre-Covid, and I recall the payment was via Payoo; that worked very well and was simple to use.
-@FforestFach

Thank you for the report, FforestFach. Appreciate that very much!

I notice there is a slight variation in the link you sent (https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/khai-thi-thuc-dien-tu/cap-thi-thuc-dien-tu), and the page one is directed to from https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/web/guest/trang-chu-ttdt. When clicking the "FOR FOREIGNERS" option on that page, we are directed to a page different from the link you provided (https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/web/guest/khai-thi-thuc-dien-tu/cap-thi-thuc-dien-tu).

When you begin your application, do you begin here? If you are so inclined, can you please try that page as your start page and let us know how it works for you (or doesn't)?

I understand that this is of course very frustrating for you.

Again, very much appreciate your reporting back to us.

edit: posted concurrently with OceanBeach92107's post, above.

When you do receive your visa and print it out CHECK every detail. Received my visa Monday and read through it.

On the visa, the expiry date of my passport in the visa is different from the actual expiry of my passport.

Sent a message on the application support block, indicating the fault.

No response.

Tried calling the immigration department.

All phones ring out.

Ordered and paid for a new visa.

In processing.

Hopefully, it arrives Friday.

The worst-case scenario is a few days in Cambodia waiting for the second visa, and hopefully, that one will be correct.

When you do receive your visa and print it out CHECK every detail. Received my visa Monday and read through it.
On the visa, the expiry date of my passport in the visa is different from the actual expiry of my passport.
Sent a message on the application support block, indicating the fault.
No response.
Tried calling the immigration department.
All phones ring out.
Ordered and paid for a new visa.
In processing.
Hopefully, it arrives Friday.
The worst-case scenario is a few days in Cambodia waiting for the second visa, and hopefully, that one will be correct.
-@Safepeter

Safepeter, when you do eventually receive the new eVisa, would be interesting to try this.

Present the printed eVisa with the incorrect PP expiry date to the immigration official to see what happens. If rejected, simply apologize and present your eVisa with the correct PP expiry date. Bring proof of payment for both with you to show that you took the extra step and reapplied to correct the mistake.

Would be very interesting to hear what happens.

My bet? The immigration official allows you to pass with the incorrectly dated PP eVisa.

Try this link instead:

https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/en_US … uc-dien-tu

https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn

/en_US/web/guest/

khai-thi-thuc-dien-tu/cap-thi-thuc-dien-tu

I "think" the problem may be that the website is reading you as being inside vietnam.

The payment system is set up for people being outside Vietnam.

Technically the eVisa system is not set up for people to apply from within and pay from within Vietnam.

Although VPNs are technically illegal in Vietnam, it might be necessary for someone applying from within Vietnam to use a VPN to indicate their location is outside Vietnam.

Anyone outside Vietnam using a VPN to show their location as Vietnam could be misdirecting the system.

If you are using a link obtained from someone who was using a VPN, that might account for the constant misdirection to VietcomBank

These are admittedly guesses, but the fact that you are using a different link from the one I get says that maybe that's the problem.

Or alternatively you could just bite the bullet, pay the fee & get an agent to do it for you & pretty much be guaranteed to get it & save yourself a lot of grief & stress!

-@OceanBeach92107

Or alternatively you could just bite the bullet, pay the fee & get an agent to do it for you & pretty much be guaranteed to get it & save yourself a lot of grief & stress!

-@goodolboy

Oh now come on! Where's the fun in that?!

:)

But yes, admittedly, using an agent pretty well guarantees you your eVisa, is certainly convenient, and really isn't all that expensive.

-@goodolboy

Oh now come on! Where's the fun in that?!
smile.png

But yes, admittedly, using an agent pretty well guarantees you your eVisa, is certainly convenient, and really isn't all that expensive.
-@Aidan in HCMC

15 to 25usd fee, total max 50 usd

@Aidan in HCMC Thanks for your advice. Yes, I have followed the process as you advise, starting where you indicate, and today I have also tried the links that Ocean Beach provided - all to no avail. I have today made another four successful applications and received four registration codes and it's the same as always, the link for payment to VietCom Bank does not work.

I wonder if it's because I'm currently located in South Africa which does not allow Vietnam evisas even though my application is on my UK passport and nationality and residence?

@Aidan in HCMC Thanks for your advice. Yes, I have followed the process as you advise, starting where you indicate, and today I have also tried the links that Ocean Beach provided - all to no avail. I have today made another four successful applications and received four registration codes and it's the same as always, the link for payment to VietCom Bank does not work.
I wonder if it's because I'm currently located in South Africa which does not allow Vietnam evisas even though my application is on my UK passport and nationality and residence?
-@FforestFach

Try using a VPN…

...I wonder if it's because I'm currently located in South Africa which does not allow Vietnam evisas
-@FforestFach

You really think so?

@pogiwayne Thanks, I did try that with Opera (I think that is a VPN) but the same result, the application is "successful", I receive a registration code, try to pay but there is no connection to the VietCom Bank payment site. I've given up for now, will either apply via an agent tomorrow, or else enter 15 day visa free and try and sort it out for a visa run 15 days later, probably by engaging an agent.

Thanks for everyone's input. If I ever get to make a payment I'll let you know!

I wonder whether any of the attempted payments ever made it to your credit card? Might show as a "pending" charge (multiple times?).

What a headache this must be for you.

You at least have that 15 day option open to you.

apparently the 3 month tourist visa is coming back 1st January 2023...

-@panda7

Source links please

-@panda7

I think everyone understands your hope that the visa situation changes and allows for longer stays on a single tourist visa.

No doubt you've been expecting that to happen for many months now:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 54#5504503

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 59#5478738

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=986985

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … =6#5415115

Searching the news in Tiếng Việt doesn't reveal any mention of an imminent change.

My visa agent in Hanoi also says there's no word on that yet from the government.

Should you ever have an actual official source that confirms that rumor to be true, please share it with us.

Visa run Oct 29

1 visa arrives from my agent, I have used her for over 5 years

2 my Grab 7 passenger car arrives on time at 7 am

3 arrive Moc Bai 9 am

4 a vn guy knocks on my window and says for $75 usd he will give me vip treatment including Cambodia visa  I agree

5 I get on his scooter everything  goes very smooth no waiting

6 back into my Grab car by 9:30 and homeward bound

7  11:30 am I pay driver 1.8 m and walk into my apartment

8 What a waste of time

Visa run Oct 29
1 visa arrives from my agent, I have used her for over 5 years
2 my Grab 7 passenger car arrives on time at 7 am
3 arrive Moc Bai 9 am
4 a vn guy knocks on my window and says for $75 usd he will give me vip treatment including Cambodia visa I agree
5 I get on his scooter everything goes very smooth no waiting
6 back into my Grab car by 9:30 and homeward bound
7 11:30 am I pay driver 1.8 m and walk into my apartment
8 What a waste of time
-@Hooked

My driver in HCMC charges ₫1,600,000 VNĐ for the run to Mộc Bài in his 7-seater SUV.

Cambodia visa cost me $35.00 USD for regular tourist visa on arrival this last time; no coffee money.

Online eVisa $25.00 USD (You didn't mention how much extra your agent charged).

I'm not meaning to criticize you.

Just letting the casual reader know it can be done for less money.

I have always believed in work just a little harder so when I am in my own time I don't sweat 200k or a little extra to pay a reliable agent

@FforestFach Last Friday October 28, the 5th consecutive day of applying for an evisa and the 17th time of receiving an "Application Successful" notice and a registration code, finally the payment link to Vietcom Bank for payment worked; the visa was received today. I noticed that this time the link to Vietcom Bank was blue coloured typing, it had been a grey colour the previous 16 times, so my hopes were immediately raised, and low and behold it worked! I see elsewhere comment that the payment mechanism has indeed been changed from Payoo to Vietcom Bank. Thanks for everyone's input and help.

@Aidan in HCMC I never got as far as entering credit card details, there was never a successful link to Vietcom Bank to attempt an actual payment, until finally on Friday the link worked after five days of trying and receiving 17 "Application Successful" emails and registration codes.

@FforestFach Last Friday October 28, the 5th consecutive day of applying for an evisa and the 17th time of receiving an "Application Successful" notice and a registration code, finally the payment link to Vietcom Bank for payment worked; the visa was received today. I noticed that this time the link to Vietcom Bank was blue coloured typing, it had been a grey colour the previous 16 times, so my hopes were immediately raised, and low and behold it worked! I see elsewhere comment that the payment mechanism has indeed been changed from Payoo to Vietcom Bank. Thanks for everyone's input and help.
-@FforestFach

Beautiful news!

And thank you very much for reporting your success in getting your new eVisa, sir!

IMPORTANT update: apparent change to validity period of Vietnam's 30 day eVisa.

P̲l̲e̲a̲s̲e̲ ̲s̲e̲e̲ ̲t̲h̲e̲ ̲p̲o̲s̲t̲ ̲(̲#̲9̲)̲ ̲i̲n̲ ̲t̲h̲i̲s̲ ̲t̲h̲r̲e̲a̲d̲

According to Vietnam law recently, volunteer need to hold a business visa - DN1 visa ( [link under review]). In other hand, due to Vietnam law: "voluntary working" is same as "working", because of the same affected to objects, therefore Vietnam immigration department they require foreign volunteers proof the qualifications in relevance to the role to issue a permission certificate for both sides (volunteers and local host organization).*****

Thank you for information - please note there is no advertising of services on forum - please contact Expat Team or add your job listing in the jobs section

Moderated by AndyHCMC last year
Reason : no advertising on forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct