What to do in Saigon at TET

Also will probably spend Tet in Saigon,

Any event or place i should go to during that time??

-@satph84

Previous few years it was a bit like a scene from "The Walking Dead" minus the zombies, you could drive around and the streets were pretty empty.

If you are spending time here during TET be aware that shops and resturants may be closed with only a few open, people who have a "hometown" out side of Saigon will go home for TET so the place empties out.

Is best to stock up on a few essentials like snacks or drinks etc.

Searching "what to do" in HCMC/Saigon should bring you info on events etc along with looking at our events page to see if there is anything listed.

-@satph84

In addition to Andy's good advice, there will a lot of people gathering (women in beautiful traditional clothing) at Đ. Nguyễn Huệ walking street/outdoor mall that runs between the river and city hall in Bến Nghé, District 1 (Google maps link)

Also restaurants that are open during TET normally increase prices by 20%, sometimes 30% to cover the additional wages they have to pay to get people to work during TET as well as increased profits for them to just be open during the holiday.

I'm not sure about hotels increasing fees as I've never been there in a hotel during the new year.  Only when I live there.

As the Tết holiday period continues, expect that restaurants which remain open will be running out of fresh vegetables

The nicest time of the year in Saigon. Quiet, cleaner, minimal traffic and people enjoying their time off.

Eat and sleep, 99% of everything else is closed