Menu
Expat.com

New members of the Thailand forum, introduce yourselves here - 2023

Last activity 19 December 2023 by Shorty1964

Julien

Hi all,

Newbie on the Thailand forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you wink.png

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Thailand if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

atukeilucy

Hi,

My name is Lucy from Uganda, I am expected to travel to Thailand in April for a conference in Bangkok.

i would love to get a friend to tour me round Bangkok for a week before i return to my home country.

Thank you.

Cheryl

Hello atukeilucy,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

You should post an advert in the Bangkok classifieds section.

This will increase your chances of finding someone.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

atukeilucy

Thank You Chery!

i will definitely do that. 

strasset

Hi, my name is Tim.  My son is married to a girl from Buriram.  My wife and I live in the states, but wold like to move to Thailand for a year or so.  Currently we are considering Koh Samui.  We haven't been there yet, but are planning on making a visit in March or April.  Thinking about staying at Lamai Beach area.  It is suppose to be quite beautiful, and popular for expats.  Does anyone out there have any thoughts on that?  Thank you...

Cheryl

Hello strasset,

Welcome again to the forum.

You should subscribe to your other thread > Lamai Beach - meet other expats so you don't miss any information/messages. 1f609.svg

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

dad hatchett

Last time I was here, departed QUICKLY!!!! 

March 2020 the airport was closing and had to make an hasty departure.

In the mean time, trying to reconnect.  For example, I remember a food truck with hamburgers.  Cann't remember the name associated with it and would love to find it again.

Classical music at one of the schools, I don't remember the name, would have concerts.

dad hatchett
Last time I was here, departed QUICKLY!!!!
March 2020 the airport was closing and had to make an hasty departure.
In the mean time, trying to reconnect. For example, I remember a food truck with hamburgers. Cann't remember the name associated with it and would love to find it again.

Classical music at one of the schools, I don't remember the name, would have concerts.
-@dad hatchett

Oooppsss!!!!

I just realized that I did NOT state I am in Chiangmai.  This is a COUNTRYWIDE forum.

Bhavna

Hello Dad Hatchett,

Welcome on board !

Well, we do have regions/cities specific forums. Here is the link to the Chiang Mai forum : Chiang Mai forum

All the best

Bhavna

junkdk69

Hello,

Coming for vacation but also thinking on living in Thailand. Nice to meet you all.

Cheryl

Hello junkdk69,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Will this be your first holiday in Thailand?

What are the possible ways you can think of to live there?

Work, start a business, retire?

If you have a topic you would like to discuss with other members, please feel free to ask your questions by creating a new thread on the Thailand forum. 1f609.svg

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

professor49

@Julien Hi: My name is Brian Proulx, I am a retired aircraft mechanic/teacher and live in Lamphun with my Thai wife and our children. Hobbies are motorcycling, gardening, swimming, and raising dogs. I am from Canada but live here permanetly and love the warm weather !!  We bought land and built a house about 8 years ago.   Brian & Ying

Yoginee

Hello Brian,

Welcome to the expat.com!

Thank you for introducing yourself!1f60e.svg

Feel free to browse on the Thailand forum and to engage on the various discussions there.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Pavin R

Hello/Sawadi khap ,

I am Pavin, from India, moved to Thailand last September'22 on a work visa, I am working as a virtual construction manager, currently working in Pluak Daeng, Rayong. I would love to connect with fellow expats from the Rayong region to discuss Food, Cricket, chess, and some professional networking.

Cheers,

Pavin

smw1918

Hello... I've been living here for almost 10 years now.. Living up in northen Thailand in the city of Phrae. Would like to get in touch with any other expats from the U S who have retired under Civil Service.. Having problems downloading form 1099r from OPM.

Thanks in advance... Steven

TravelCosUCan

Hi,

I visited Thailand last year and I had so much fun. I spent most of the time in the Bangkok Street Market and Chatuchak Market. I can't contain myself from eating the mouth-watering street foods. My heart was full as well buying fashionable clothes. Wasn't able to visit other cities since I just stayed for 5 days. Hopefully, I can visit Chiang Mai and witness the festival.

Fevelyn Usaraga

@Julien Hi ! I am currently here in the Philippines trying to look for an opportunities overseas. I have the skillsets relevant to the role. Planning to relocate if will be given a chance. I can also work remotely as well. Currently , I am working at home and have all the necessary equipment if you will require me working remotely.

tehrann1212

@Julien.hi dear friend.i living in thailand.in covid i loss my business.over 2 year im jobless.any job or anyone here have job for me.thanks🙏🙏

Bhavna

Hi Tehraan,

Sorry to hear about that.

May I suggest that you have a look at offers posted in the Jobs in Thailand and perhaps create your CV in that same section ?

All the best

Bhavna

liolang1

Hi ,

I'm Lionel, from France,  Professional singer available for private recording, TV or radio commercial dubling  or private shows in Pattaya where I live and Bangkok.

Song list goes from Louis Armstrong, Joe Cocker, Frank Sinatra to Queen, Billy Idol, David Bowie Bowie, Van Halen ... and more

English or french

Bhavna

Hello Lionel,

Welcome on board !

Feel free to drop an advert in the Jobs in Thailand section of the website for better visibility.

Promoting services on the forum section is not allowed.

All the best

Bhavna

everythingdirt

@Julien my name is Mark and I’m from Arizona and Alaska in the USA. I have moved here for the next 1 1/2 years or until my girlfriend gets her visa and we are currently in Hua Hin for about 3 months. At home I’m either Salmon fishing, working on a project or doing service for others. I need some help getting plugged in here at Hua Hin with things to do besides golf or just sitting on the beach. Lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Mark

boilsjer

hi, i am new here. My name is John. Born during WW 2 so got a canadian/us name. living in Huay Yai ( near pattaya) ans koh chang. I am dutch and live already nine years in Thailand. Started jomtien, later Chiang Mai after some years Koh Chang. Koh Chang is special but living rather limited especially outside the high season. So got a house in Huay Yai. Enjoy it. Just succeeded getting the LTR "wealthy pensioners "visa. Great. As i travel every year a few times to europe, i am from the netherlands, it was very important to have a good planning. Every year my Non O visa ,( i know it is extending of ... )has to be extended and that has to be done within a certain timeframe. So during that time you can not be outsude thailand. The LTR makes that quite simpel. No visa extension needed, no re entry permit, no 90 days (TM 30 i believe) etc etc. Great.

boilsjer

@everythingdirt   Hi mark, live in Huay Yai too, since four years.  I , no my wife and i, love Huay Yai. Real small village but everything is here. But no bank, no big supermarkt etc. You have to go for that to pattaya and jomtien.

Have a nice time!

everythingdirt

@boilsjer Thanks for sharing the information, I will do some research on it.

Daniel Paul Harville

@Julien Hello all. My name is Dan. I lived in Thailand years ago and am trying to get back there soon. I love the people, country, language and most of all, the food! I am building a webpage to help others learn the language.

Bhavna

Welcome on board Dan !

Should you have any question, feel free to open your own thread on the Thailand forum so that members may guide you.

Any idea in which part of Thailand you would like to move to ?

All the best

Bhavna

babayaga

Hi,

I am Chris, from Belgium.

I've been now in Thailand for some months, and wish to stay a little longer.

Thanks to all the community here to make this forum alive 1f603.svg

Longchin 2009

Hi, my name is Kim, I am originally from Denmark and I am living in Phuket with my Thai wife of 13 years, and I have been living in Thailand for 14 years, 2 years in the northeast of Thailand (Buriram province) and the rest of the time here in beautiful Phuket.

Even though I have been living here for so long I have never really gotten into having Western friends, so I hope to change that by becoming a member of this group. I wish you all a lovely day.

Bhavna

Hello Kim and welcome on board !

Feel free to interact with members of the Phuket forum by participating on existing threads.

All the very best

Bhavna

WAFLL92

Ayup.

Couple from Leeds planning to retire in Thailand soon ish.  Been to Thailand many times and was in Khao Lak a couple of weeks ago which cemented the idea for that.

Will aim to read a lot of the forum to prevent inane questions so expect more lurking than contributions for the time being!

Adam

mdgolfer2003

@smw1918 I can help.  My name is Mike and I've lived in Thailand for 8 years.  I've got 35 years in with the DOT ... CSRS.  Just filed my 2022 taxes and used that and my 1099R for my LTR Visa application which is currently under review.  I live in Sisaket Province and I am just passing through the heart of Isaan on the night train. Will be in Bangkok for a few days.  (MIDNIGHT EXPRESS)

Let me know how I can help.

adventure-family02

Hi I am Martin. I live in Phuket since 16 years.

I am married with my Thai wife for 18 years and father of two children. A girl 13 years and a boy 11 years.

We like to do all sort of out door activities such as diving, snorkeling, hiking, boating, etc.

We live in the north of Phuket and find it quite hard to find similar families with similar interest.

Yabba

@adventure-family02

That's really nice.

Please give me your contacts

scbrock
Hi I am Martin. I live in Phuket since 16 years.
I am married with my Thai wife for 18 years and father of two children. A girl 13 years and a boy 11 years.
We like to do all sort of out door activities such as diving, snorkeling, hiking, boating, etc.
We live in the north of Phuket and find it quite hard to find similar families with similar interest.
-@adventure-family02

Hello Martin welcome to here

I'm in Phuket also for 3 years. Great activities and just the place to do it.

Tsion Gigi

Tsion Gigi New member

Member since Today

Hi everyone my name is Avi nice to meet , I am looking for help to find an agency in Bangkok that will help me with Marriage registration thank you so much.

thailand4me

@adventure-family02 Martin, we are a older couple who would like to visit Phuket but we would like to stay out of the Tourist population.  Are there any areas where we can rent a place for a week or so. We have been living in Thailand now for 10 years.  We often travel with friends that have children there ages are 8-13 years old.  Thank You for your help.  Patrick

scbrock
@adventure-family02 Martin, we are a older couple who would like to visit Phuket but we would like to stay out of the Tourist population. Are there any areas where we can rent a place for a week or so. We have been living in Thailand now for 10 years. We often travel with friends that have children there ages are 8-13 years old. Thank You for your help. Patrick
-@thailand4me

Hello

I have lived in Phuket for a few years and hopefully add something. If

you are looking to avoid tourist filled areas that's pretty difficult in

Phuket. You could maybe stay on the Eastern side that has more of

a Thai population but there is a reason that tourists don't go there is

because it has few nice beaches.

Layan Beach has few crowds because there are some resorts going in

and they got the police or someone to remove all the vendors and

restaurants from the beach area so the resorts could say they have a

private beach. It isn't really private but with few places to eat the

crowds have left. This is as of about a month ago. I don't think the

resorts are open yet.

It's not quite the peak of the high season so the crowds are lessening

slightly. You could go to one of the resorts that enclose a beach that

gives it a private feel such as Tri Sara or Pansea Beach. I have been to

Pansea Beach and there were not many people. I have not been to

Tri Sara so really speculating about that one.

Hope that helps!

thailand4me

@scbrock thanks for you help. We are staying in Cha Am now. Are time is very flexible, we can wait till off season. We are retired, lots of time. Just staying in Thailand this year.  But next year we will be doing some long haul traveling.  I asked about Phuket because we have friends that live there, and they are always asking us to visit them. I drive so I could rent a car to get around.  Last time we were there we stay in Kamala beach which was nice but difficult to get around even if you had a car. And the place was so small maybe only 26 metre but had a little view of the water.  Patrick

Yabba

@atukeilucy

Please I am planning to go there too.

Share me your WhatsApp

Closed

Articles to help you in your expat project in Thailand

All of Thailand's guide articles