Importing pet food

Hi, iam moving to costa rica next month and my dog is on a special diet for intestinal bowel disease.  The only food he can eat is not available in costa rica and researching i have found out it is a restricted item that needs a permit from the ministry of health. I was looking to see if anyone has gone through this procedure.

I was told to employ the services of a custom broker to register the products and gain permits

Can anyone recommend any person or company,  iam not having much luck as my spannish is very límited.

Please can anyone help? My dog cant survive without his food.

Thnaks

Sending a pm

You can consider cooking for your dog like for yourself

I forgot to mention I'm in contact via whatsapp with Google Translate on it so the language barrier hasn't been an issue

@Ziminar thanks really appreciate your help :)

@Henrych Unfortunatly my dog has severe food allergies and IBD , i wish it was that simple.

There is a person in Heredia who runs an import service that circumvents most of the headaches. Basically, you purchase your item online and have it delivered to his warehouse in Florida. He transports it to Heredia where you can either pick it up or engage his delivery guy to deliver it to your door.

The cost to bring your stuff from Florida to Heredia is $8.00US per pound. Tony, the delivery guy, sets his own rates. The service is hardly "overnight", so if you're talking about something consumable it's best to order well in advance.

@daveandmarcia

Would be alot easier going down that route for sure.  Have you any more details like a website or email for this delivery service?

So much paperwork and hoops to jump through  to import food .

Thanks