Health Benefits

Discovered something interesting today. Two  young girls came by today taking what was described to me as a census.  They asked my age and I said 66. I was told to go apply for my senior benefits.  Come to find out that because I'm here on SRRV visa that after 6 months I'm considered a resident.  So I applied and received my PhilHealth card. Free medical/dental/labs and procedures at all government hospitals. 20 % of all the above at a private hospital.  20% off all groceries purchased.  Percentages of airfare and other expenses here in Philippines. I was also told that I will receive P3000 per month. Not a lot but I was impressed.  I am impressed that the Philippine people do hold their elderly in high regard. Most Filipino do not understand the whole idea of rest homes.  Not like in US. 

Discovered something interesting today. Two young girls came by today taking what was described to me as a census. They asked my age and I said 66. I was told to go apply for my senior benefits. Come to find out that because I'm here on SRRV visa that after 6 months I'm considered a resident. So I applied and received my PhilHealth card. Free medical/dental/labs and procedures at all government hospitals. 20 % of all the above at a private hospital. 20% off all groceries purchased. Percentages of airfare and other expenses here in Philippines. I was also told that I will receive P3000 per month. Not a lot but I was impressed. I am impressed that the Philippine people do hold their elderly in high regard. Most Filipino do not understand the whole idea of rest homes. Not like in US.
-@laymanm65

Where did you apply for benefits?

@Enzyte Bob I just looked up the name you go by. I guess I missed that whole thing. Hilarious!

@Enzyte Bob I just looked up the name you go by. I guess I missed that whole thing. Hilarious!
-@clownbob77

Is this better?

I think I vaguely remember those commercials. Too funny.

@Enzyte Bob Be ready when it counts. One month's supply still only $14.95 😂

@Enzyte Bob Office for Senior Citizens Affairs

( OSCA)

Discovered something interesting today. Two young girls came by today taking what was described to me as a census. They asked my age and I said 66. I was told to go apply for my senior benefits. Come to find out that because I'm here on SRRV visa that after 6 months I'm considered a resident. So I applied and received my PhilHealth card. Free medical/dental/labs and procedures at all government hospitals. 20 % of all the above at a private hospital. 20% off all groceries purchased. Percentages of airfare and other expenses here in Philippines. I was also told that I will receive P3000 per month. Not a lot but I was impressed. I am impressed that the Philippine people do hold their elderly in high regard. Most Filipino do not understand the whole idea of rest homes. Not like in US. -@laymanm65

`

An interesting experience Laymanm, thanks for sharing.

And of some relevance, here's a government announcement today ..

"Over 4.1 million indigent senior citizens will receive P12K in social pension in 2023"

By Javier Ismael, Jan 27th 2023. Ref: https://www.manilatimes.net/2023/01/27/news/41m-indigent-senior-citizens-to-receive-p12k-in-social-pension-in-2023-angara/1876096

SEN. Juan Edgardo "Sonny" Angara said on Friday that some 4.1 million indigent senior citizens will each receive P12,000 in social pension this year with the full implementation of Republic Act 11916.

Angara, who heads the Committee on Finance that went over the 2023 national budget, said that a total of P50 billion was provided .. for the indigent seniors' social pension.

The amount covers the 100 percent increase in the monthly pension—from P500 to P1,000 as provided for under RA 11916. "We have ensured that the monthly social pension of our indigent senior citizens will be funded under the 2023 budget," Angara said.

As one of the authors of the law, Angara said the social pension will help indigent seniors with their daily subsistence and medical needs.

The Act provides more benefits for Filipinos aged 60 and above, including the grant of a 20 percent discount on the purchase of certain goods and services such as medicines, a special five percent discount on prime commodities and basic necessities, and an exemption from the value added tax on the sale of goods and services.

--

@laymanm65 Other than SRRV PhilHealth insurance being available for 15000php per year which we have, I was not aware that SRRV also entitled people to the universal 20% senior citizen discount and certainly not monetary assistance of any kind. I thought those were for Philippine senior citizens only.

@danfinn Because I have the SRRV I'm considered a resident. At least according to OSCA. Once they saw my papers from PRA it was all smiles. Yes po, sign here and had cards in about 20 minutes.

@laymanm65 Very interesting. We have had our SRRV since 2018 and the only thing PRA told us about at that time was PhilHealth at 15K per year. So, thanks for your information. I will have to check into that agency if they have an office in Dumaguete. I know that things can change quickly here and this would be the first I heard about free philhealth and 20% discount being available. Back then, all you saw were warnings that foreigners attempting to use the discount could be deported. I would be interested in knowing if other SRRV people have the same benefits as you and when this started.

@PalawOne

The amount covers the 100 percent increase in the monthly pension—from P500 to P1,000 as provided for under RA 11916. "We have ensured that the monthly social pension of our indigent senior citizens will be funded under the 2023 budget,"

That's 5 cappuccino's ..

That's 5 cappuccino's ..
-@Lotus Eater

`

Hoping it's great coffee

1f613.svg

@PalawOne
The amount covers the 100 percent increase in the monthly pension—from P500 to P1,000 as provided for under RA 11916. "We have ensured that the monthly social pension of our indigent senior citizens will be funded under the 2023 budget,"

That's 5 cappuccino's ..
-@Lotus Eater

But I must assume that none of our foreign SRRV holders are indigent, nor should they deprive their third world host country of a few thousand pesos per month, cappuccinos notwithstanding, correct?

@laymanm65 Here is what I think: You are an SRRV foreigner like me and are not entitled to the national 20% senior discount, free PhilHealth for seniors or cash assistance to indigent "residents". It sounds like a mistake. And if you take advantage of these benefits there will be a big problem later on when they discover the mistake which govt will consider to be a crime. I am surprized that other SRRV holders in this group seem to be accepting this as even being possible.

"Who Are Eligible To Get a Senior Citizen ID?

For you to be eligible for the ID card, you must be a senior citizen, which means you must be:

Sixty (60) years old or over;

A citizen of the Philippines;

A resident of the city or municipality where you are applying for at least six (6) must prior to your application."

A Filipino CITIZEN. Ans same applies to free philhealth etc. Etc.