Buying to renovate

EU nationals can buy real estate in Cyprus without any restrictions, but non-EU nationals are only allowed to buy around one acre of land or one house or apartment each.

All expats buying property in Cyprus must first apply for permission to buy a property at the Council of Ministers.....as regards listed property, Before the commencement of any construction work on a preserved or listed property takes place, an application must be filed with the Town Planning and Housing Department and a special license obtained from the Minister of Interior. Maintenance, general preservation, restoration, alterations or other projects modifying the original structure all require permission..

There is as ubsidy plan that concerns the maintenance and restoration of a building and is granted as a combined authorisation for the full maintenance solely for a one-time project with a specified starting and end date. If the owner of a preserved or listed building in Cyprus wants subsidy rights for the maintenance of a preserved building, an application must be submitted to the Head of the Town Planning and Housing Department.....

You can find further info by visiting your local municipality .

Dear all,

i hope all of you had a great Easter break.

i am looking for a firm that can do renovation, my property is Paphos and its one bedroom.

I connected with a firm here in Paphos but their quotation was really very high.

I hope that someone can direct me

big thanks in advance

Tarek

Jordan Carter of Carter and Sons Construction Limited.

https://www.facebook.com/carternsons