EP Processing Feb 2023

Hi all,

My EP was applied by my employer on 6th Feb this year. They have received a response this week from MOM indicating that they need more time to review the application.

When i check the status online, it still says 'Pending' not 'Need more time' etc like mentioned in the other topics where vetting is required.

Has anyone come across a similar situation? Does this mean chances of approval are not great? This is my third time applying for an EP and i have been overseas for 4 years after my last job in SG.

My profile:

Industry: IT

Company: MNC with local SG entity

Relevant and total experience: 11yrs

Salary: 15k/month

Thank you.

"Pending" means it's in process. No indication of approval chances.

Thank you @beppi

I could not find an instance of similar situation in other forums. Any idea if this is similar to MoM waiting for vetting agencies which might take a couple of weeks?

I do not understand your question. You have to wait until MoM completes the process - however long that takes. They already told you that it will take longer than usual. You will not get more information.

Understand that you are concern with every detail of the MOM status here. But pending means pending, no matter what the stats is as long as it is still pending, meaning they are still doing the process.

Vetting agencies meaning if they engage with third party to check your background overseas.

We will never know whether they required vetting agencies or not, but similarly, it means its still pending. Hence be patience

Hi all,

Just confirming that my EP was approved last week.

Overall it took about 6 weeks.

Thank you.

Wow, congrats, mine is running with 3rd week.

@Yuvraj33 , after changes to "pending" status how many weeks it took to get approval.

Yours is contract or permanent role ?

@Vijay Subramanian56 it took approximately 6 weeks after pending status.

Ok, thank you..

My EP got approved.

I took 2 weeks 3 days

@Yuvraj33

congratulations on receiving your EP Approval!

Thanks for sharing your timeline. It's been very helpful.

My Application was made exactly 3 weeks after yours and seems to be following the same course as yours.

Hopefully I receive the IPA in the next 3-4 weeks.

thanx

Hi!

anyone who applied for EP in Feb 2023 still waiting for approval?

my EP was applied on 25th Feb

Employer has followed up with MOM but they suggested I Just wait.

it's been 7 weeks of waiting since the application date

@Niv81  May i know what industry you are in?

Foreign Lawyer (legal profession)

@Niv81 7 weeks is relatively long now, given MoM has been swifter (compared to 6-8 weeks turnaround in the past).

your employer should check with MoM if there is anything that's outstanding or additional information that may be required to support your application.

@Shekhz thanks!

that was my concern too. I'll have the employer contact MOM.

quick update.

employer checked with MOM on the EP status and all MOM said was we need to wait. No other information provided and MOM confirmed that no additional information or documentation was required from either the employer or the prospective employee (me)

quick update.
employer checked with MOM on the EP status and all MOM said was we need to wait. No other information provided and MOM confirmed that no additional information or documentation was required from either the employer or the prospective employee (me)
-@Niv81

Hang in there, Niv.

@Shekhz  and members on expat.com,

today marks 8 weeks since my application was first submitted.

MOM has not requested any additional documentation from the employer or me.

I've read in other forums that “vetting external agencies” process timeline can vary.

it seems though that most people for the 2023 applications have been able to receive an outcome within 8 weeks.

any suggestions on what me or my employer can do at this point?

@Niv81 Your employer could contact MoM and ask for an expedited process - IF they have serious operational problems in case you don't join soon. But if there are no serious problems (e.g. production must be stopped, or similar), then there is nothing you can do but wait!

@beppi

Thanks for your Response. Unfortunately that's not the case, so I assume it can't be expedited.

The MOM updated my employer that they are still waiting on some external agency (can't reveal which one) and that they will try to send out a system generated update similar to what we received within 10 days initially.

nothing helpful so will just have to wait.

I'll update on the forum when I hear more.

@beppi  this group is so helpful. I would like to thanks you Beppi for advices. My EP approved today 46days. MOM asked for supporting docs and company takes 2agency for background check regarding bankruptcy and employment. Beppi is correct we dont have any choice regarding the approval but just to wait. It's a challenging game that will test your patience and trust to employer and to almighty.

For all those in waiting game. Be patient and keep praying.

Cheers guyz!