Menu
Expat.com

Investing in an existing business

Last activity 06 March 2023 by bradysteve666

bradysteve666

@Julien Hi. My wife & I have visited ZZB 9 times. We are currently in ZZB (1month) & are considering partnering a local in his watersports business. Have known him for many years & trust him. He has the client base & we will purchase some assets (he currently rents).I am struggling to find info. wrt investing in an existing business. Setting up a new business seems to involve a lot of "red tape" & I am looking for any advice to keep this as simple as possible. I just want to keep myself busy during retirement & make as much income as possible for the local guy. Plan to return in June for a 6 months trial, to test retirement here. thx, Steve     

Yoginee

Hello Steve,

Welcome to expat.com!

Kindly note that I have moved your post to create a new discussion on the Zanzibar forum.

I hope that members who have already been in this situation, will be able to provide some insights to you soon.

All the best,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

bradysteve666

@Yoginee thank you

Planet Lodges

I'd say talk to a few reputable law firms and hire one to guide you through that process.

Yes, you can buy shares into an existing business because I've done it (sold shares) but sadly I cannot recommend any for Znz as my businesses are in the mainland.

bradysteve666

@Planet Lodges Hi.Ok,thank u

Articles to help you in your expat project in Zanzibar

• Mariage in Tanzania
    Mariage in Tanzania

There are various options for wedding ceremonies in Tanzania, from locally traditional weddings to more ...

• Discover Zanzibar
    Discover Zanzibar

If you are interested in visiting Tanzania, especially for the purpose of vacationing, you are likely to be ...

• Permanent residency in Tanzania
    Permanent residency in Tanzania

If you are planning on moving to Tanzania long-term, regardless of what the reason is for, if you are intending on ...

• Finding work in Tanzania
    Finding work in Tanzania

If you are relocating to Tanzania, you are likely going to be looking for a job sooner or later! This article ...

• Moving To Arusha Tanzania
    Moving To Arusha Tanzania

If you are moving to Arusha you need to know about the Arusha Mailing. It is how everyone finds anything. Go to ...

• Personal taxation in Tanzania
    Personal taxation in Tanzania

The basis of taxation of individuals in Tanzania is residence. A person is deemed to be resident in Tanzania ...

• Housing Tips in Tanzania
    Housing Tips in Tanzania

About Housing in Tanzania, Africa

• Public transport in Tanzania
    Public transport in Tanzania

Just wish to tell our friends who are coming to Tanzania for a visit or stay to be aware of the public transport ...

All of Zanzibar's guide articles