Menu
Expat.com

Clothing-men

Last activity 23 February 2023 by AndyTT

AndyTT

Hi,

I've done a lot of research on the internet and I am still to find a consistent answer. One person says one thing and one says the other.

What can a man wear walking around Saudi Arabia? Arriving at the airport and going shopping etc?

Shorts down covering knees?

Shorts just above the knee?

Some have said no shorts at all unless on the beach?

T shirts? Some have said sleeves down to the elbow at a minimum?

Shirt and tie for government buildings?

I don't mind what the answer is, I just don't want to offend anybody, especially on my first day arriving!

Thank you.

Cheryl

Hello AndyTT,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Are you relocating there? A business trip maybe?

While waiting for other members to reply,  I highly recommend you to read the Living in Saudi Arabia guide for expats, all articles here > Everyday life in Saudi Arabia will be useful.

Cheers,

All the best,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

generyt

Just dress appropriately and decent brother.  You can wear shorts anywhere except on Government facilities and masjid.

AndyTT

@generyt thanks mate.

So I can wear a T shirt and shorts which cover knees walking around the city? Thank you.

generyt

@AndyTT Exactly.,but keep it decent ok.,No any malicious visuals on your shirts,like sexual contents,or hate messages or anything that will trigger or disrepects others.👌👌👌

AndyTT

@generyt thanks. Disrespecting the country and people is the last thing I want to do so thanks for the advice

AndyTT

@Cheryl thanks Cheryl. I'll be relocating for hopefully a few years.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Saudi Arabia

All of Saudi Arabia's guide articles