TONSILS SURGERY - CHO RAY HOSPITAL HCM

Can anyone adv what would be the cost for tonsilitis removal at Cho Ray Hospital with stay and medicine approx

Can anyone adv what would be the cost for tonsilitis removal at Cho Ray Hospital with stay and medicine approx
-@copsbiz

Hi copsbiz, and welcome to expat.com.

I'm sorry I don't have a definitive answer to your question but, have you tried calling them? They even list a "hotline" number, so worth a try.

Phone Number: (84-028) 3855 4137 - (84-028) 3855 4138 | Hotlines: (84-028) 3856 3534 | Fax: (84-028) 3855 7267

Address: 201B Nguyen Chi Thanh, ward 12, District 5, Ho Chi Minh city, Viet Nam

An alternative to Cho Ray Hospital would be Vinmec Medical. Reports from expats are that the prices at Vinmec are very competitive, with an equally high standard of care.

84-0283 6221 166

208 Nguyen Huu Canh Street, Binh Thanh District, Ho Chi Minh City

Please let us know the results of your price/care research, and also of your experience with the hospital upon which you eventually decide.

Once again, welcome to expat.com

-@copsbiz

Usually a primary care provider or the surgeon who has accepted the case can provide such an estimate.

Did you ask your/your child's physician or their staff?

Or are you expecting to go and have the surgery without a referral to surgical services?

@OceanBeach92107

thanks sir for the adv.

Visited local clinic who advised Cho Ray, my concern is after arriving there they should not surprise with hefty bills as i read many reviews about their billing structure. In anycase even its exp have to go ahead with treatment as kid is suffering and no other go. Many thanks

FUnny story about tonsils. My wife had hers removed a couple years ago while we were living in HCMC. She had to stay at the hospital for a week. I thought that was crazy as they would kick you out of the hospital in a few hours in the US. VN opinion was if they were giving you some certain drugs after surgery you stayed in the hospital. Anyway, she had to pay a cash deposit of 500,000 VND. After services rendered including the week stay they itemized and totaled up her bill. She was refunded 450,000 of her deposit. The entire bill was 50,000.

@SteinNebraska

thanks for shedding light.

but it seems to be quiet rock bottom fee.

Today we have learned that associated costs would be 20 MN.  So as we progress will keep posted in the group so that everyone aware.

thanks mich