Menu
Expat.com

Easy Visa Renewal in Cebu - Actually Mactan

Last activity 25 March 2023 by WHITE ASIAN

talamban

My last Posts regarding Visa Renewals (Tourist Type) have included multiple complaints about the recently moved Cebu City Immigration Office at Robinson's Galleria and the five hour wait times. Today, Tuesday March 21st, I went to the Immigration Satellite Office at Mactan Island Gaisano Grand Mall. Total Time was less than 30 minutes from arrival to getting my passport returned to me. I was so pleasantly surprised. NO LINES. Additionally, the Charges were less. The Cebu City office  on January 21st charged me 700 Pesos for Emigration Exit Clearance (Altho I was not leaving again), 250 for a "Head Tax", and 250 for ACR-I Re-issue which is not due until June 2023. And they charged me 20 more for Legal Research Fee than Mactan office. I admit that I have never questioned or challenged the "Cashier" when they give me the amount to pay - I will in the future. anyone living in Cebu should go to the Mactan office, unless you just want to go window shopping for five hours at the larger Department Stores. I will add that the small supermarket downstairs in Mactan is not worth the time for any major grocery shopping (They would not even allow me to bring in my small bottle of water). So we just took a Taxi to Country Mall which is on the way to my Condo in Talamban. Only took me nearly four years to discover this office, and now so glad I did.

From-The-Ashes

It took 2.5 tears to discover Mactan office. never went to Cebu city again. They are a lot friendlier in Mactan and the quickest i've been in and out is 20min. Total waste of time in Cebu city!

bigpearl

talamban, they saw you coming.

I recently got an ECC after 34 months here and it cost me P500 as I was leaving the country for a week or so.

I've never been charged a head tax nor ACR reissue fee. Legal research fee is P30. ACR is US 50 bucks a year.

Said this in a few posts over the years that all the fees and charges for visa renewal are on the immi website (when it works) and should be posted on the notice board in all immi offices, they are in Manila and also here in San Fernando City. What always gets me are the express lane fees.

Good you found the Mactan office mate.

Cheers, Steve.

From-The-Ashes

@bigpearl

Haha…ooh the express lane. The first time I encountered that was in Cagayan last year, I always tell them ill come back for my passport which they hate. The visa fees might be on the immigration website (when it works and been updated) but they don’t read it. I’ve just renewed in Cagayan and it cost me 3040peso for one month extension. They didn’t hit me with the Fastlane on this occasion. I did enquire how much it will cost me when I renew again and they told me upward of 7000peso. This is for one month plus the ACR card. They all pretty much apply their own rules. Bohol IO was a total joke. They should put the fees on FB there’s a better chance it would get read cos all Filipinos are on it 24/7. The system here is quite frankly set up to milk foreigners.

All the best

bigpearl

Yes, just renewed my visa for 29 days after returning from O/S, looking at the receipt it was as follows.

Visa waiver application fee 1,000

Visa waiver 500

Certificate fee 500

Legal research fee 30

and you guessed it.

Express lane fee 500

Express lane fee certification 500.

It costs me around P21 to 22K per year for visa extensions and ACR. Gets this old hermit out of the house more often.

Cheers, Steve.

WHITE ASIAN

My experience in Davao was somewhat different.

I applied for a NON QUOTA VISA (Perm).

All medicals in Australia were free through bulk billing & a little bit of a chat & a flirt with the office girls.

The TB Xray was an ordeal never the less it went through as a Bulk Bill so no fees at all.

After the drive to the Embassy in Canberra that was a bit of a mess as i have changed my name, so i expected a bit of a problem never the less $250 later it was all done.

They sent me my original forms back which i had to go and get from DFAT an Apostilled Police clearance and Birth certificate. That was some AUD$170.

Once you get cleared at the Davao Immigration opposite Victoria Plaza, i had to go and be certified at the Quarantine dept.

Prebook online for PH580.

Stayed at the Travalers Inn in an A/C room for PH560 in Davao Proper and i thought it was great.

Back to Davao Immigration and for a fee of PH7,680 I now have a 10 year ACR Card, and a 10 year drivers licence.

For a minimal fee of apparently PH 530 renewal at the Davao office each year its PR after 5 years although Elsie at the office said it may very well just be 3 years and i never apply again as i will be Permanent Resident.

Lets see how it pans out :-)

Articles to help you in your expat project in the Philippines

All of the Philippines's guide articles