Any advice that I should take before I start applying for a job ?

Hey Everyone,

I am from New Delhi, India. I am planning to move to Philippines to live with my girlfriend and her family, so that they can know me and then we can build something more permanent.

I am a Functional Project Manager with experience working in countries like Indonesia and Vietnam, How easy or difficult it can be for me to get a job in Manila? Any suggestions or advice that I should take before I start applying for jobs?

@Kunal_Sharma

You could apply for a job in a call centre but would probably piss off half of your employer's customers and end up getting fired.

Kunal, welcome to the forum. First suggestion is a thousand miles of research for firstly the culture and what you may be in for, don't leave your job in India until, secondly you look at the work visas available and the available work here, remember if a Filipino can do your job he or she is in first. "Filipino first etc". Thirdly limited travel visas  for many countries that may want to take a local job. (we call that border control).

Only a suggestion but have you met your girlfriend or only virtual? I have no Idea, of your relationship but can simply suggest if you haven't met her and her family to take time off from your work and holiday here for a month or 3 and meet the family, taste the flavours, get your hands dirty, then make your plans.

Look at head hunters here to suit your expertise and see what is available or talk to your HR department about affiliates here, Good luck and wish you well.

Cheers, Steve.