Visa on arrival

Has anyone had experience with this in recent times and would you recommend the agency you used?  Also price hikes in last year or so.

Has anyone had experience with this in recent times and would you recommend the agency you used? Also price hikes in last year or so.
-@MarkinNam

Unfortunately on social media there's a lot of misinformation about this; visas on arrival.

Without a government approved sponsorship letter, there are no longer any visas on arrival for tourists or under the old system of Visa agent sponsored business visas.

Anyone having a government approved sponsorship letter will be able to pick up their visa on arrival at the designated place in the airport.

Unfortunately the information online is complicated because there are many websites still advertising that the old pre-covid VOAs are available, even after the business has ceased to exist.

There are also active businesses that have not updated their information for various reasons.

it seems that some are too lazy to do it, or not willing to do it until the 30-day Visa issue changes, or there are even reports of some websites leaving the information up to lure people into contacting them, where upon you might be told that the visa on arrival is no longer available but that they can help you get an eVisa, which of course you can do by yourself without paying them an additional fee.

Then there are the truly deceptive websites and "agents" on social media who are advertising that they can help people get letters of approval without having to meet the standards for being an expert or an investor or one of the other limited categories allowed to get a visa on arrival.

I would say unequivocally that anyone offering to get someone a Visa approval letter that they don't otherwise legally qualify for is running at best an illegal operation that will issue you an illegal letter, or they are a total scam who will take your money and run and disappear.

There are also active businesses that have not updated their information for various reasons..... exactly what I found last time I came, last year it cost ( in AUD ) $50.00 thish year 1 operator was showing $50 but when I got to the checkout it was 70$ the  50 being USD, Sneaky sods

OB, do you know this site,  vietnamvisa.govt.vn/apply-online/

this site is legit and still showing VOA,  https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/trang-chu-ttdt

The last site is the 1 I used and only $25 aud

-@MarkinNam

This is the one I have been using since June 2022 and are the only (to the best of my knowledge) legit sites to get a 30-day e-visa. https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/trang-chu-ttdt

This is the one I have been using for an e-visa to enter Cambodia to get a 45-day e-visa

https://www.evisa.gov.kh/

There are also active businesses that have not updated their information for various reasons..... exactly what I found last time I came, last year it cost ( in AUD ) $50.00 thish year 1 operator was showing $50 but when I got to the checkout it was 70$ the 50 being USD, Sneaky sods
-@MarkinNam

eVisa cost last year was the same as the eVisa cost this year, i.e. $25 USD. 

I'm assuming you used/are using an agent to submit the application on your behalf, hence the additional cost(s)

OB, do you know this site, vietnamvisa.govt.vn/apply-online/
-@MarkinNam

If I may, I'll respond to your question to OB.

This is the website of a visa agent, not an official Gov't of VN website.

All official VN gov't websites have the suffix .gov.vn (DOTgovDOTvn).

There are many sites holding themselves out as an "Official VN Immigration" website, so it's not surprising that some people fall victim to their tactics.

We see things like immigrationgov.vn , vietnamevisa.govt.vn , vietnam_evisa_gov.vn etc etc etc, none of which are gov't websites.

this site is legit and still showing VOA,  https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/trang-chu-ttdt
-@MarkinNam

That site, as mentioned by Safepeter, is the only legitimate Gov't site where eVisa applications can be made.

I see no mention there of VOA. Can you direct us to where it mentions VOA?

-@MarkinNam

yeah, but that's not visa on arrival man.

And it's confusing, considering the topic you chose for this thread.

That's an eVisa.

The only official government website

You apply online. you get it online.

You print out copies and you use them when you enter AND LEAVE the country.

You don't pay an agent for that and you don't pay over $25.

Again as I mentioned above that's something that you can do for yourself that is NOT visa on arrival.

OB, do you know this site,
-@MarkinNam

I've removed your link from my reply (as I wish everyone would) because that's a deceptive website not letting you know that it's a private website and not a government website until you scroll to the very bottom of page, thus they are deceptive about what they are offering, masquerading as your government source for Visa

@OceanBeach92107**

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Please elaborate
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello everyone,

@MarkinNam,

Have you been able to gather all the information you need about official websites ?

You mentioned agency in your first post ...

Regards

Bhavna