How quickly can one seek to become a tax payer in Argentina?

I have an interest in becoming tax resident in another country as soon as possible. I can see that my departing country as a tax treaty with Argentina, and is one of the most interesting destinations for me.

Could you say if there are some steps I can take to become immediately resident for tax purposes in Argentina? I have heard that it happens if one stays for 1 year, but can I take an initiative to make it happen sooner? For example; could I start a company or do some other things that would allow me to become a tax resident instantly?

Also, is there an exit tax if I have to leave Argentina in the future?

Kind regards from Europe

@jonxxon Your goal should be becoming a tax payer in no country, period.

First of all, do you even know what he tax brackets are n Argentina?

If it is like Colombia, it is quite a bit higher than the US.

There are many things you can do inside the EU to reduce your tax rate , Eg...incorporate, become a trust, in Luxembourg, Ireland etc.

How it works in Canada to become a non resident, and I am sure it is similar in Europe, you have to sell or rent out your house at arms length, quit the healthcare system, etc. and send a form to the government who then approves your non- residency.

This would occur immediately , afer you declare non-residency in your home country. You are no longer a tax resident there.

Then any money you earn OVERSEAS is taxed at the applicable rate of the jurisdiction of your new residency.

Any investments income, etc. in your home country is taxed at the non resident rate of your home (ciizenship) country, or put more correctly, in the country where the assets are located, and this is not necessarily at a lower rate than if you were still a resident in that country . It also could be taxed additionally in your new residence, as well. It all depends on the tax treaty between the two countries.

Becoming a non resident only works for rich people who move their assets or corporations to a trust in a zero or very low tax rate jurisdiction like Caiman Islands, Cyprus, Turks and Caicos, other tax havens, or people who have few income earning assets and thus little non salary income in their home country, who move to a zero or low tax Gulf State Country like KSA, UAE, Kuwait etc, to make a big tax free salary to accumulate wealth.

If you are a rich person  (and I mean multi millionaire minimum) and / or work online like a digital nomad there are things you can do inside the EU to lower your tax burden.

In fact, your question sounds very naive, and this is a very complicated issue, and you should be talking to an international Tax accountant/consultant, not posting on Expat forums

@jonxxon Based on my experience being an expat from the US, I suspect that claiming to be a tax resident in another country has more to do with the tax code in the country you are coming FROM than the country that you are going TO. By the way, the tax percentage for income in Argentina is 30% in Argentina above a base that's constantly changing. However, if you can get proof, like a letter from another country that makes living in Argentina a condition of employment, you can become tax-exempt in Argentina for a number of years.

@jonxxon I think your question is better addressed to a tax expert in your own home country than people that are knowledgeable about Argentine law. It's more about what your home country recognizes as your tax residency than what Argentina does. Argentina will not be providing any acknowledgement to your home country that you are a tax resident in Argentina. DISCLAIMER: I am neither any attorney or accountant. I'm a US expat that has been living in Argentina for about 17 years.

You need to be a legal resident to become a tax payer. This is very fast if you qualify for a visa. However, the income tax law says you are a tax resident after 6 months and 1 day.