PR success stories in Singapore

Hello All,

I also want to contribute to the thread by sharing my profile.

I feel fortunate to get my PR in Singapore within 5 months (in June 2022) after first try.

I will like to share my profile and am happy to answer questions.

Staying in SG since Aug 2015 (7years before I got my PR)

Education - Master from IIT B Ph.D. from NUS (2020) in Interdisciplinary/Engineering and Science Subject

Annual salary during application: ~120K (including Bonus)

Occupation- Management Consultant for a German MNC (left academia by that time)

Pass: E Pass

Nationality- Indian

Marital status: Single (during application)

What I think helped-

a) Science Contribution-

1) Published 5 papers during my PhD

2) Co-edited a special issue of the journal for the Proceedings for Singapore National Academy of Sciences

3) 1- Patent for developing a novel biomaterial

b) Economic and Innovation Contribution

1) Worked with EDB during research days and spun out a company

2) NUS incubated it in its Startup Accelerator

3) Raised the pre-seed amount

c) Integration/ Social Participation

1) Led student activities and worked closely with the w2i and WSG

2) Since I speak Bengali, I volunteered during the Covid crisis among FW

Personally, I am interested in citizenship and contributing to the little red dot moving forward.

Preparing for this, I have done the following-

a) Applied as a volunteer for the Singapore Armed Forces Voluntary Corps

b) Bought a house as I want to settle here

c) Reached out to MP and will work in the Community Grassroots

PS: Wife is from Mainland China and a PR with around same profile (age, salary, her role is in advanced data science )

I think it will be great if others can also share their profiles if they have revived the PR.

However we should be respectful of the fact that PR and ability to work here is a privilege and not a right! :)

Hello Somu92,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with readers.

I am sure your experience will benefit members.

All the very best

Bhavna

Thanks for sharing this post. Yes, we would like to read some positive news as well..

@Somu92 hi Thanks for sharing, did you apply by yourself or through an agent? i too work in a science background need some helo for document prep.

No, I applied on my own! :)

it seemed fairly simple back then.

An agent doesn't have much benefit in my POV.

My application took 9 months... got it in my first try. Proving integration is the most important thing.

Essential docs to include:

Cover letter - my background, why Singapore and how I can contribute and integrate to society

2 letters of recommendation from Singapore citizens - how we know each other, why I'll be good for the country

Resume - my professional qualifications and academic background

Hi All, is there anyone who is waiting for PR outcome for more than 2 years??

@TestJV VERxx If you are waiting that long, you should definitely contact ICA and find out what is the problem!

@beppi, after 23 months they have asked the additional details and after that we are still waiting, not sure what is the exact timeframe we should wait or contact them.

@TestJV VERxx If you are waiting that long, you should definitely contact ICA and find out what is the problem!

Congratulations..

have been here almost 10 years and couldn't succeed

i tried 4 times

@TestJV VERxx 24months?? wow!

@somu92

I am pretty sure that the things you have mentioned like below did not influence much in your pr approval.

The following may have added a few points but not enough to approve pr

a) Science Contribution-

b) Economic and Innovation Contribution

c) Integration/ Social Participation

The main thing that granted you pr is the fact that your wife is chinese and is already a PR. It is very likely you got pr only because of your wife. Period.

@IndFighter it is a black box! so who knows? but to be honest, we had applied independently before our marriage! so i am not sure having a chinese gf matters to them or not?

@beppi how we can contact ICA, shall we write email or directly go to office  ?

@TestJV VERxx Contact details are on their website!

@IndFighter Agreed, lol. I was scratching my head until I saw the last part where his wife is a Chinese PR.

It's  not chinese spouse alone given-you PR, instead if your spouse is already PR then it will give you additional weightage and chances are high that you will get PR.

However,  these PR selection runs through the quota based on the percentage of ethnicity in Singapore so having chinese wife will give addition weightage to get your PR.

@GuestPoster07013 @GuestPoster07013 

Hi, could you please share how you upload the extra documents, such as cover letters, and recommendation letters? etc? As I did some research recently, as far as I know, there is no place to upload extra documents. It may be hidden somewhere.

Thanks a lot

@GuestPoster07013

Hi, could you please share how you upload the extra documents, such as cover letters, and recommendation letters? etc? As far as I know, there is no place to upload extra documents. It may be hidden somewhere.

Thanks a lot