Expired 13a ACR - been away from PH

Hi all,

Due to COVID, we have not been able to come back to the Philippines and my ACR card has expired.

Does anyone know or have encountered renewing their ACR recently?

@marveltravel

This may be helpful:

"Bureau of Immigration, Republic of the Philippines

10 August 2021

PRESS RELEASE

Alien immigrants with expired ACR I-Cards can still enter PH - BI

The Bureau of Immigration (BI) said foreigners, who are holders of immigrant or permanent resident visas but whose alien certificate of registration identity cards (ACR I-Card) have expired, can still travel to the Philippines so long as they have valid re-entry permits (RPs).

In a memorandum to all terminal heads of different international airports, Atty. Carlos Capulong, BI Acting Port Operations Division Chief, reiterated an earlier directive of BI Commissioner Jaime Morente to allow the entry of alien immigrants with expired ACR I-Cards.

“We are still being besieged with queries as to whether these aliens who are permanent residents and immigrants with expired I-Cards can go back to the Philippines. They can do so as long as they can present their valid RPs,” Capulong said.

It was learned that Morente issued the directive upon recommendation of the Bureau's Alien Registration Division (ARD) which held that arriving immigrants with expired ACR I-Cards should not be turned back but be advised only to renew their cards at the Bureau.

According to the ARD, these ACR I-Cards cannot be used as basis to admit an alien immigrant as it merely serves as proof that the latter is registered with the BI.

Capulong, however, stressed that aliens who are holders of non-immigrant visas must be in possession of valid ACR I-Cards to be allowed entry into the Philippines.

As for aliens whose re-entry permits and special return certificates (SRC) have expired, Capulong said they may renew the same upon arriving at the airport before immigration clearance.

It can be recalled that Department of Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra earlier issued a directive allowing aliens with expired re-entry permits and SRCs to extend and pay their fees at the airport.

It was noted that most of these alien visa holders failed to extend their RPs and SRCs as they were stranded abroad due to the pandemic and ongoing international travel restrictions."

Thank you, I believe this will apply to those who haven't had their ACR cards expired for far too long. Mine has expired for 2 years now and the BOI is quite vague in providing answers when asked via Facebook.

Thank you, I believe this will apply to those who haven't had their ACR cards expired for far too long. Mine has expired for 2 years now and the BOI is quite vague in providing answers when asked via Facebook.
-@marveltravel

Why would you say that? Covid has affected the world for more than 2years. This is the reason countries are doing things like above.

My ACR card was stolen while I was not in the Phils. At Maila airport I got the Balikbayan stamp and I was asked to apply for a new card.  That was it. I got a new card for 6000 PHP and I am using the new card now.

So only an observation and BTW welcome to the forum but you initially asked then answered/solved your initial ask.

Cheers, Steve.

@Andy_1963 May I know which office did you apply and how long it took?

My ACR card was stolen while I was not in the Phils. At Maila airport I got the Balikbayan stamp and I was asked to apply for a new card. That was it. I got a new card for 6000 PHP and I am using the new card now.
-@Andy_1963

PHP 6K for an ACR 1 card? They saw you coming. An ACR 1 is 50 US bucks or 2,750 pesos.

Cheers, Steve.

My ACR card was stolen while I was not in the Phils. At Maila airport I got the Balikbayan stamp and I was asked to apply for a new card. That was it. I got a new card for 6000 PHP and I am using the new card now.
-@Andy_1963

PHP 6K for an ACR 1 card? They saw you coming. An ACR 1 is 50 US bucks or 2,750 pesos.

Cheers, Steve.

@Andy_1963 there is no ARC required if your on the BB stamp the stamp is good for one year, you don't  go to immigration at all