Visa Run from Hoi An to Lao Bao

My wife & I accompanied our new Aussie neighbors on their first 30 day evisa run yesterday.

Even though I have a TRC, I wanted to see firsthand how the operation works with the well-known local agent who runs these bus operations, and I was curious to check out the scenery.

It's a good scenic drive, with some sections along the way providing absolutely stunning views of surrounding mountains, especially during the very early morning as low hanging clouds gave a surreal look to the myriad green valleys and hollows just north of Đà Nẵng.

Most important to know: pickup in Hội An is at 5:15 AM and we finally returned here at 7:00 PM.

No wonder this is NOT a location where many people are choosing to stay for multiple months in a row with monthly visa runs.

Đà Nẵng is not much better, departing by about 6:30 AM and usually returning by about 5:30 to 6:00 PM.

In this region, the shortest round trip would be from Huế, about 7 hours total drive time plus 30 minutes to 1 hour border processing.

In the face of that, our neighbors have decided to fly to Thailand from Đà Nẵng for their next 30 day  Evisa run in June.