Renting apartment

Hi there guys, I will be moving to Antananarivo for a couple of months - July to September - and I am l wanting to rent an apartment.

I have looked on this site and there are a few things that would suit me but not so many options. I am alone and will be looking for a one bedroom flat or studio near the city centre. Somewhere safe and secure and the cheaper the better (of course).

Is there anyone who could point me in the direction of a good website or company apart from just this site (as it has limited options)?

Also, if you think the best way is just to go there and do it in person, please could you let me know exactly how to go about that. Does one go to an agency? If so, which ones are good? Or, like somebody suggested on here, is the best way to go and ask in the local communities? Will it be cheaper this way and is it safe?

Sorry for the seemingly naive and ill-prepared nature of this post, I simply have no idea.

Thank you in advance guys :)

Hello Arthurmeakin2016,

Welcome on board !

If the existing ads/offers don't suit your needs, you can still create a "looking for' advert so that we can share it to members. You will surely get some more adequate offers from agents or individuals.

Housing in Antananarivo

All the best

Bhavna

@arthurmeakin2016

Hey ho Arthur,

I think for this short time you can ask at some hotels also, when I remember well,

shangai-hotel.com , near the French Embassy rents small apartments too. It's in center, a bit over the main road i (ndependent road) there it's secured for sure. Also Sole hotel, also in center, has apartments. There I was by myself for some times already, I like it there. Anyway, you should ask in French language, special in sole hotel they are a bit sleepy:-) . Maybe this helps you, who knows. Let us know.

Also maybe good to know, the taxis to center are 70000 ariary from airport, it's like fix price, so you can take it easy from airport when you arrive. When you arrange with hotel, sometimes they don't send a car. ( Sleepy people...)

Good luck!

@Bhavna Thank you Bhavna. I will do that :)

@arthurmeakin2016 hi Arthur,

I was to Antananarivo last month and i rented an apartment in Ambatobe at the Ambatobe's residence for 2 months, it's really secure. It was the first time i stayed in Ambatobe and i think i will go there again for the next time

if you want to see the apartments you can found them in Facebook at : Residence Le Paradisier Ambatobe or in Airbnb

bests regards

@Stahlschrank Thanks man. I'll give it a go when I'm there :)

@sirahpopat

Hi there Sirah,

That's a little out of my price range but thanks for the recommendation anyway! :)

@arthurmeakin2016 hello Arthur

You ask a lot Safe and Cheap.

In 2019 I was in Antanarivo and I had a wonderful holiday.The people there are very kind but poor.I read that Madagaskar is a safe country to live and if you have nothing they cannot steal .I stayed in a hotel for E20 a night Look at the site from hometogo.

Good luck and I wish you happy days in Madagaskar

Eugenie

@eugenielindeman1956 Bit too pricey dude but thank you anyway. I'm looking for an apartment to live in, not holiday ☺️