Car Rental Manilla

Looking for suggestions on a car rental company to use in Manila... I will need a car for 3 - 4 weeks.   

@Wellsfry same here and wondering what is needed to be able to rent a car

Parking in Manila or many larger cities/towns is hard to find. Malls generally have enough, but it's limited other places. Have you considered using a car ride driver? Depending on the time of day, you can be picked up in about 10 minutes. They will take you to your destination, then you both go on your way.

drivers here are not as accommodating as in the West with unannounced lane changes and stop and go traffic being the norm. If you haven't experienced Manila traffic, it will probably fray your nerves.

Using an app that you can download, the app will provide you info on the driver and his expected arrival time at your location. Furthermore, there are so many drivers involved that wait time (unless rush hour or rainy conditions…) is very reasonable. Sometimes faster than retrieving your rental and paying the parking fee.

After Uber left the country, the primary company is Grab right now. Cars are clean and drivers can speak English.

Unless you plan on a road trip, renting a car is expensive and just doesn't have value, in my opinion.

FB here will be your best friend to keep away from the larger expensive airport companies.

Firstly driving in Manila is like driving in Athens, not for the feint hearted.

For many years when we holidayed here after an unsavory altercation with one of the big 4 companies 9 or 10 years ago Ben came across a smaller company on FB that was much cheaper, delivered the car to the hotel, picked it up and always returned the cash deposit of P 5K with no damage, 1 to 3 year old cars and if in Manila I highly recommend this company, they are based in the Cavite area from memory.

6 or 7 rentals from that company for 3 to 4 weeks over the years and when we moved here for 3 months until we purchased the SUV.

If you want details send a PM and I'll get Ben to dig out the particulars.

Cheers, Steve.

Yes. I agree. Facebook is the easiest method. They will drop off the car and pick it up at the airport. The prices are negotiable. I rented a Toyota innovo for 2000 pesos per day last year when I visited. But it was a long term rental. Also, make sure you have an international license if more than 30 days.