Police Clearance from home country

I will be moving to the Philippines with my wife in October. At that time, I will be applying for a 13A visa. My question is, if I get the police clearance before I arrive, do I need to get it notarized or authenticated before I arrive in the Philippines? I am currently in Canada.

@Guzik Just to be safe i would wait until arrival will not take that long to obtain and keep you from paying twice.

@RCPattersom

For clarification, get my Letter of conduct from the RCMP and then get it authenticated in the Philippines? Where would I have to go to get the authenticating done?

Unsure about authenticating a Canadian document.  I had to have US documents (DD-214, etc.) notarized by the US embassy.

Steve

@Guzik Hi. Hope you are well. Be safe bring your rcmp criminal record check. You can get it authenticated for free by the canadian government at this link

https://www.international.gc.ca/gac-amc … =eng....IT

Does not have to be notarized

You don't need a police clearance before going to the Philippines ,   for a 13a visa , you will get a 1 year probation.  Then after 1 year your get a 5 year visa. They will only do a local with the 13a visa .

Good luck len smith

@leonardsmith75

Welcome to the Forum Len :)

@leonardsmith75 are u saying to obtain a 13 a visa u don't need to worry about a record. They will give u a 1 year probation visa and a 5 after that ?

I will be moving to the Philippines with my wife in October. At that time, I will be applying for a 13A visa. My question is, if I get the police clearance before I arrive, do I need to get it notarized or authenticated before I arrive in the Philippines? I am currently in Canada.
-@Guzik

Hi Guzik and welcome to the forum.

Have you considered applying for your 13a in Canada? it's going to be easier and gives you permanent as opposed to doing a probationary and then re apply for perm, good luck.

Cheers, Steve.

I believe if you are getting the 13a visa in Philippines, then after you are there 6 months, get your local police clearance there and then apply for it. It will be a one year temporary after which you will redo it to get the permanent visa. That's what I'm going to do, it's easier for me, so I dont have to get expensive medical checks in the US and police clearances

@bigpearl I contacted the embassy in Canada. The 13a visa can't be processed there anymore. Only in the Philippines. It must be a recent change. Probably during the Covid times.

@Guzik I did not know that was still in effect. I applied for a 13A in April of 2021 in the US. The PH embassy called me on a friday and said they had my application and documents, everything looked good. Then on Monday they called back and said that none of the embasssys or consulates could issue them anymore. Sucked because I'd spent a little over $1k on medical exams and lab testing. So instead I did the courtesy SRRV visa here and the medical was very cheap, so cheap I don't even remember how much it was.

@pilotdrh Exactly why I'm doing it in PH, medical is cheaper and easier to get appointment

@pilotdrh

If I  recall correctly I can do most of the requirements for the SRRV military in the Philippines.

I believe that I need my DD 214 apostilled in the US.In regards to social security benefits letter I could get that cleared through the US Embassy in the Philippines as I may be applying for my social security while in the Philippines.

Anything I am missing?

You should get your police clearance and DD214 through the State Dept office, $20 for each I think. PRA has been taking the SS and DD214 affidavit notarized by the embassy but who knows when or if that will change. I did the FBI records check online and sent them my fingerprints, probably much easier to do it in the US.

FBI Check

https://www.edo.cjis.gov/#/

Apostille

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel … tions.html

@pilotdrh

Thanks again for your assistance.

@leonardsmith75.    Hi Leonard I got a police  clearance  from the uk . But it seems to be irelavant  here so I apply for nbi as iam applying for a 13a spouse visa

@leonardsmith75

Aye Leonard,

So I have multiple felonies and am going over to finally marry my Filipina fiancee. Your saying I can stay there and get permanent residency and then unto citizenship. All with no USA record check. I'm hoping that I can. I miss her all the time.

@leonardsmith75
Aye Leonard,

So I have multiple felonies and am going over to finally marry my Filipina fiancee. Your saying I can stay there and get permanent residency and then unto citizenship. All with no USA record check. I'm hoping that I can. I miss her all the time.

-@jeffreymarks

If you become a citizen of the Philippines you will have to give up your US citizenship, you cannot be a duel citizen.

So I have multiple felonies and am going over to finally marry my Filipina fiancee... I miss her all the time.       -@jeffreymarks

I'm thinking all you might need is a little more range time to work on that aim of yours ;)

What happened to your interest in Colombia?

If you become a citizen of the Philippines you will have to give up your US citizenship, you cannot be a duel citizen.        -@mugteck

Oh, I'm loving it! A classic example of a Freudian slip? :D

Apropos, maybe?

jeffrey marks said . . . . So I have multiple felonies and am going over to finally marry my Filipina fiancee. Your saying I can stay there and get permanent residency and then unto citizenship. All with no USA record check. I'm hoping that I can. I miss her all the time.

Jeffrey you joined the Expat forum several weeks ago and your bio said: Looking for information about Columbia. Are you looking for a country with no background checks or extradition?

Multiple Felonies, good grief don't move next door to me.

@leonardsmith75 are u saying to obtain a 13 a visa u don't need to worry about a record. They will give u a 1 year probation visa and a 5 after that ?         -@Michael Freeze

H.mm, that can't be right. Yout second sentence may be true but is not related to your first sentence "you don't have to worry about a record"....you do need to worry about that as countless threads here indicate.

I believe if you are getting the 13a visa in Philippines, then after you are there 6 months, get your local police clearance there and then apply for it. It will be a one year temporary after which you will redo it to get the permanent visa. That's what I'm going to do, it's easier for me, so I dont have to get expensive medical checks in the US and police clearances

-@Filamretire

I think there "MAY" be a misunderstanding about that. In my case it worked differently for SRRV which BI treats the same for police reports. After being here for 6 months I was required to submit *both* an NBI and a US report. Less than 6 months, such as apying from the US, no NBI report. I could not eliminate the need for domestic police report after staying longer than 6 months although that would have been cool. It seems too good to be true and it may be. However, I have heard people state the former many times (no domestic ploice report after 6 months) but that was not the case for me, for SRRV.

It would be interesting to get inputs from others who stayed here more than 6 months and did not have to submit their domestic at-home reports with derogatory ibformation and got off scott free just by waiting out the 6 months.

@leonardsmith75Aye Leonard,So I have multiple felonies and am going over to finally marry my Filipina fiancee. Your saying I can stay there and get permanent residency and then unto citizenship. All with no USA record check. I'm hoping that I can. I miss her all the time.        -@jeffreymarks

Hmmm. Multiple felonies? Like speeding 25 mph over the limit? Or, crimes like burglary, gun violence, sex or drugs? For excessive speeding you will be ok even if felonious. Not moral turpitude.  For the latter, those  do involve moral turpitude for which will be lucky to get in for the 1st 30 day visit but then get thrown out later when discovered.

@Enzyte Bob

Depends how long ago he committed his felonies and if it was all in one episode or over many years. Some people learn from their mistakes (albeit not many) I made a serious mistake in 1997, got convicted of 3 felonies and spent time in the big house (mine were for drugs, no victim's) and have been in trouble-free since.

So some of us change to become outstanding citizens. Been out of the big house since 2002, built my own home in 2006, became an HVAC contractor in 2009 and sold my house for almost $500k and retired to Tennessee in 2018.

I learned my lesson and enjoy my life now with my Filipina wife.