The best area in Hoi An to to live?

Hi guys!

We are a family of five from Sweden, looking to relocate in Hoi An next year.

The kids will attend Hoi An International School and we will be working from home.

We want to be close to restaurants/walking distance to gyms, food stores etc. We don't need to live in the middle of town, some greenery and peace and quiet would also be appreciated, but not too remote.

Living close to other expat families would be great!

So now to my question - what are your favorite areas in Hoi An to live in?

Hi Johaturner,

For some starting information, I invite you to go through the Living in Hoi An guide for expats guide.

Also, i would advise you to go through the existing threads on the forum. You may also find some complementary information.

Thank you,

Priscilla

Expat.com Team

Thanks Priscilla, already been thru the guide a few times. I was just curious if there is any favourite areas to live in? Pro's and con's for the different city areas and any personal gems to be found 1f60a.svg

Hi guys!
We are a family of five from Sweden, looking to relocate in Hoi An next year.

The kids will attend Hoi An International School and we will be working from home.

We want to be close to restaurants/walking distance to gyms, food stores etc. We don't need to live in the middle of town, some greenery and peace and quiet would also be appreciated, but not too remote.

Living close to other expat families would be great!

So now to my question - what are your favorite areas in Hoi An to live in?
-@Johaturner

Hi and welcome to the Hội An, Việt Nam forum.

You might want to bookmark this link back to the main forum page:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=689

That's different from the guide Priscilla mentioned.

Go back far enough down that list of threads and hopefully you'll find some helpful opinions about different areas.

I personally think that the eastern edge of Cẩm Thanh (Google Maps link) bordering (across a small river bridge) Cẩm Châu (link) with Bà Lê Market (link) & Cửa Đại Street--major artery from Cửa Đại Beach (link) to Ancient Town and location of many nice restaurants & useful shops--is ideal for me and my Vietnamese wife, but you might do better on the eastern side of Cẩm Châu, maybe at or near the rice fields, within easy distance of popular Tiger Market (link) in neighboring Sơn Phong.

That would put you much closer to the International School (link)

Good luck with your plans.

@OceanBeach92107 Awesome, thanks a million! Will look into both areas asap!