Where to buy GOOD laptops- Cebu?

Looking on Amazon for a new laptop and finding really high import duties.

So where do people go to physically see/buy laptops in Cebu?

I have some but hopefully not overburdening wants in said laptop:

1 tb SSD minimum

16"minimum screen size

40 series videocard

Intel i7-i9 chip 2.5ghz+

no overheating issues history.

32gb ram minimum

I'll be doing a little gaming with it. Some that takes a fair amount of graphics and ram. But not hours upon hours. I want to do some video editing from my drone films also. Other than that normal low intensity stuff.

I want QUALITY without going beyond say $2k USD.

Ayala Mall, Larry. There are several computer stores like Octagon selling laptops, computers, and related parts. Decent prices, all the major brands - Lenovo, HP, etc.  They are mixed in with the cell phone outlets on the second floor? (been awhile but geez you would think I'd remember as I spent man-days in that mall, lol). But any cute Filipina will be glad to help direct you, haha.

@pnwcyclist Cool, I'll go there and ask for guidance. :-)

1f609.svg

Hi Larry,

I would recommend SM seaside or SM Cebu city, I just went to Ayala today and some of the gear there are not so recent, most of the recent model are out of stock. What I usually do and check the unit in person and order online from Shoppe or Lazada ( there's plenty of brands on the lazmall section) if I see they are charging too much, don't forget to ask for a discount if you are paying full cash, they usually have two prices for these and tend to show the "hire purchase" price.

I'm into video editing and used to use iMovie a lot, so I always bought MacBooks. But after my second one broke down pretty fast, I decided to give Windows a try. That's when I found this cool free video maker without watermark that worked great for me. Needing a new laptop that could handle editing and a bit of gaming, I looked around and ended up getting a Dell XPS 15 from Amazon. It's got everything I need: lots of storage, big screen, powerful processor, and it doesn't get too hot. Best part? It fit right into my budget and has been awesome for my work and fun.

I'm into video editing and used to use iMovie a lot, so I always bought MacBooks. But after my second one broke down pretty fast, I decided to give Windows a try. That's when I found this cool free video maker without watermark that worked great for me. Needing a new laptop that could handle editing and a bit of gaming, I looked around and ended up getting a Dell XPS 15 from Amazon. It's got everything I need: lots of storage, big screen, powerful processor, and it doesn't get too hot. Best part? It fit right into my budget and has been awesome for my work and fun.

-@apma

Scam software.

It it doesn't download a virus, it's a pretend to be free scam anyway

Price: 7-day trial period with a watermark added to videos, Rp 599'000 for the full version
Read more: https://www.movavi.com/learning-portal/ … rmark.html © Movavi.com

Be very careful of dodgy recommendations that push a lie

Thanks Fred. I was going to look at it from my laptop later. I didn't hit the link.

Larry