Cheapest and safest cities and towns of Tunisia

I'd like to go and live in Tunisia for a year or two as I'm retired now, where is the cheapest and safest places (cities, towns) to be

Hello Kaderhaf,

Welcome on board !

Till members provide their insights on your query, feel free to read the articles under the Accommodation in Tunisia section of the Guide. They will give you an overview of a few cities.

All the best

Bhavna

I am going to Hammam  to live  in apartment

@kaderhaf hey safe places would be the capital tunis especially the banlieue area like lac aouina marsa..

Or if not the capital maybe hammamet, bizerte,sousse.... basically it s mostly safe everywhere it just depends what you like the most more rural or urbain beaches or greenery..

I am married to tunisian man. I have been to tunisa so many times. Never did I feel..unsafe.

@kaderhaf Hi there..

It depends on your concept of safetines..!!

Your perspective on safety may not be the same of others in Tunisia.. people are living all around Tunisia for thousands of years..!

If you're an American or European, your concept of safety net such as infrastructure, transportation, medical facilities, emergency rescue services, etc may not be there all around the country. Rural small towns are cheaper in living cost compared to Tunis and other bigger cities.. however then you will have to compromise on your safety net. Please check out numbeo and or nerdwallet to compare the prices and living cost of each cities in Tunisia.

Over all, Tunisia will not disappoint you unless you have much higher expectations.. 🙏

Good luck..