Moving to the west side of the island. What did you bring with you?

Hello again everyone!

I wanted to know what did you bring with you when you moved? I am not bringing furniture.

thank you!!

@JessicaMaria don't forget your swimsuit (Crash Boats Beach in Aguadilla!!)

Hi! Did you already move? I moved to Aguadilla this February. I used UPack and got a small shipping container. I packed a lot of clothes, cook books, small appliances, lots of kitchen items, 2 flat screens, my son's gaming equipment, his very expensive gaming computer that he built, a queen sized mattress, some artwork, 2 queen sized beds, my outdoor flower pots, & 4 really nice indoor/outdoor dining chairs( I purchased them new in Chicago before moving). I left the furniture I knew I would not want to use. One of the beds that I shipped is a beautiful black canopy bed from Crate & Barrel. I found it on FB market place for $250, after booking the shipping container. I knew I would have a hard time finding something like it out here. The shipping container was 2k. My mattress alone was 2k. Replacing all of that stuff out here would have cost a fortune.

We bought a 2 unit house with 6 bedrooms total. We had a lot to furnish. We did leave behind a lot of furniture as well.

@Nicole312Just read your blog and found it helpful TY. I am planning on my own relocating to Aguadilla in September of this year. I have the excess burden of many antiques and multi generations of family memorabilia and will also be shipping, selling and donating too much stuff.

I would like to inquire other than a couple of months supply of medications IS THERE ANY ONE THING THAT I SHOULD MAKE SURE TO BRING FROM THE MAINLAND?

Your kind generosity of offering to share experience and learned insights are appreciated. Any/all tips are needed.  Do you have any advice on renting prior to moving into a unit in the blind in order to have an address for shipping and mail forwarding?

Thanks,   Bruce Seamont