Sleepless in mauritius

I have been in mauritius since novenber last year from london,

For some obscure reason...i have been waking up at 4 am everyday...

Is that nornal..?

@Oliver Sooba

Things have changed in your life and maybe that reflects on your sleep pattern.

You must also know that the days here begin earlier, may be you sense that. If you go to bed before ten it is normal that you wake up so early.

There are many reasons ... Maybe you are anxious, maybe you do not feel safe, etc

All that you have to be careful of is to have restful and sufficient hours of sleep.

Have a nice day.

Marie

Locals get up early here - perhaps you are becoming Mauritian lol. I moved here with a 6 hour time difference thinking it was great that when I got up at 6am here it would be my 12 noon & a sleep in. It didn't last long & I was soon getting up with the sun. Make sure your room is dark when you sleep - apparently light & radiation will tell your body it is daytime & not sleep time.

@MarieW2023 thanks marie.

Does anyone know where i can go to yoga clàsses in flic en flac ?

@Oliver Sooba

That's good option to do Yoga and Meditation.

Also you can find sleeping music on youtube which may helps you to get good sleep.

@Oliver Sooba very normal and with time you will get used to it. I think on this island most places are covered by that neighborhood morning call. So we have to live with it.

@Oliver Sooba Hi Oliver ,

Simple really your mental clock is still in UK time and some people's systems just take longer to adapt,. hang in there , you'll soon be sleeping until 8am mate !!

Hi Oliver, sorry about your problem. It may be important to see what you do during the evening most days. Do you have a lot of coffee in the evenings? Are you on any medicines? Gym? What time do you have your dinner? What time do you go to bed? Etc. Adjustments may help. Good luck.

@Oliver Sooba are you working normal UK hours? Are you thinking of work/life/family in the UK?