Meet up with expats in Munich

@Julien

Hallo.

With a dear friend, I am making my first visit to Germany and will spend a week in Berlin, a few days in Frankfurt, one day in Heidelberg and seven or more days in the Munich area. My family emigrated to the USA from Regensburg in the 1880s and several of us have made time to visit; it is now my time. I am retired from multiple careers and have an M.Ed (Curriculum & Instruction) and a state license in Florida to manage residential communities.  I have 3 months available to spend in Europe and I am at liberty to spend more or less time wherever I go. In addition to taking the usual round of initial tours, I'd like to meet up with expats living in the Munich area so I get a better sense of its potential as a 6-month retirement destination. My hotel stay in Munich begins on August 21 and ends August 28. I might stay longer in the Munich area if I find it delightful. Any recommendations on longer-range accommodations and opportunities to meet up with expats who enjoy Munich will be appreciated.

David

Hello and welcome on board, David !

The best way to interact with members is through a new topic on the forum, so I have created this one on the Munich forum from your post.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay in this beautiful city.

All the best

Bhavna