Stampless in Colombia: Boom or Bust

This thread is intended to document my journey in trying to become a migrant (M), followed by a resident (R). Although I am still in Ecuador, I intend to enter Colombia in the coming months, on the way to Medellín, to talk to Colombia's top visa facilitator.   

The most realistic pathway to residency available to me is either the Andino or the Mercosur visa. In my opinion, the biggest hurdle in the process will be the presentation letter, whereby I will need to explain what activity I intend to carry out in the Colombian territory. Since I don't intend to make this letter an exercise in creative writing, I need to "lay the foundation" before I prepare this letter. The time frame for laying the foundation is an unknown variable.

Another concern during the visa application process will be demonstrating that I can support myself. While I want to show enough resources to show that I can support myself, I don't want to show too much, otherwise it may come back to burn me in the future, whether by the cancillería, or by the DIAN.

@Mr. Barley

Dear Moderator:

Can you reclassify this to the Colombia forum? Thanks.

Hello Mr Barley,

Please note that your thread has been moved to the Colombia forum.

Regards

Bhavna

@Javier03824

Hello Javier,

You mentioned on this thread that you have the Mercosur visa.  By chance, do you remember if your visa faciliator gave you guidelines regarding what income or minimum bank balance you needed to show to qualify? Clearly, it may have changed in three years due to inflation or whatnot.

Thanks.