Secondary Schools in Bahrain accepting Midyear or Second Semester

Hi,

We are relocating to Bahrain.  Any good American/IB/British Schools accepting midyear/Second Semester? 

I am not sure if the Ministry of Education in Bahrain will still accept incoming students after school year have passed.  We might be relocating by late November or early December this year.  My kids will have to be in the 9th and 12th grade this coming school year (August).

Also, is an Apostille only necessary for the education document because my kids will be coming from USA school.  Stamping from Embassy of Bahrain in USA not needed anymore?  Thank you in advance for the response/s.

Hello Maidengcc,

Welcome to Expat.com1f601.svg

Thank you for asking your questions here.

I hope someone on the Bahrain forum will be able to assist you further by providing additional details on the topic.

All the best,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

This will vary by school and doesn't have an input from the Ministry (outside of the age guidelines).   Apostille is fine but you would need to get it counter attested by MOFA camp office in Manama near Bab Al Bahrain.  As in most cases, despite Bahrain being a signatory to the apostille convention, many government departments refuse to accept it and ask you to go to MOFA.  If you have time, then get it attested by Bahrain Embassy for peace of mind.

Go to bqa.gov.bh.  Select school rating as outstanding, choose secondary and then go through the schools.  The two British schools i.e. St Chris and BSB are there.  The only American / IB one (which I know of, marked as outstanding) is the Riffa Views International School (RVIS).

@XTang Thank you for this is very helpful :-)