Settle in belize

settle in belize

I am of Tunisian nationality, As an engineer in electrical engineering and advanced technologies with more than 10 years of experience in project management, production optimization and strategic planning,

Tunisian Cityens are allowed to visit Belize without a Visa, but I want to settle and work in Belize. how and where to start?

THANKS

@anisketata

There are many discussions on here about working in Belize.

Use the magnifying glass symbol at the top right of each page to search.

Also look at the Bar at the top of each page and click on the JOB link for lots of good information.

@anisketata

An employment visa is required to work. As with all countries, work permits aren't simple. I'm working for a government entity and it's still been a hassle and a half. A 1 yr employment visa costs $3000, plus there's a fee to arrange your payroll tax account. My employer covered that for me and also is helping expedite the paperwork.

You really need that because prior to starting work, I attempted to do it myself. Immigration sent me to Labor, who said they can't help me so go to social security who denied me until I have the visa so go back to immigration, plus I need a Belizean bank account first. But the bank wouldn't let me have an account until after I have a Belizean SSN and valid employment visa. And ya sit in line for hours!

Right now I am at work and not yet legal plus no way to get paid. But at least now it's a HR clerk taking the papers around.

Another option that may apply for you would be to start a business. I believe Belize requires a Belizean to be partner to apply for the business license.

Would digital nomad style work for you? That's what my spouse is considering, at least until we have permanent resident status.

@anisketata

Another option that may apply for you would be to start a business. I believe Belize requires a Belizean to be partner to apply for the business license.

-@DnBRNo

No Belize partner required. But the owner still needs the work permit, and needs to hire Belizens to do the actual work.

Have you considered forming a Belize Corporation?

Also if you can afford to live in belize for one year without working  then you can live in belize for one year then apply for permenant residency that way u do not need a work permit after application accepted for the residency which is easy to get

@Cliffbbj

Just to clarify - it will take approximately 1.5 years to get residency approved after application is accepted. So a total of 2.5 years until one can work legally.

@Brigitte B all of your posts have been really helpful, so thank you!  I tried to send you an email as I'm planning to drive from Canada with my dog, but unfortunately  it wouldn't let me send it to you.  Can we please get in contact somehow?

Thanks,

CC

@ccaetano14

I've sent you a message.