Room accommodation near Twente uni

I am Indian origin and my son has enrolled i

for graduation in Twente University. He will start attending the uni from 28th August. He is not getting the accommodation near

the uni. Searched rooms on housing web sites provided by uni and they are all expensive around €400 per month and they prefer Dutch background. My son is Indian Australian and speaks English very well. We are looking for room for him with rent  below €300 per month. Any shared accommodation, paying guest, hostel, family hosting is ok. He is 20 yrs old and vegetarian. I really appreciate if anyone in the forum can help to get him an accommodation by Aug 28th when the uni starts. All the suggestions are welcome.

Raj

Check the housing section at the top of this page.

Thanks for the suggestion. No accommodation in enschede or hengelo found in the housing section.

@Raj Shastry Hello and welcome !

You may post your own "looking for" advert in the Housing section so that we can share your ad in our newsletter. This will get more views and hopefully get you some offers.

You may also gather information by reading the Accommodation for students in the Netherlands article.

Thank you

Bhavna

I am Indian origin and my son has enrolled i
for graduation in Twente University. He will start attending the uni from 28th August. He is not getting the accommodation near
the uni. Searched rooms on housing web sites provided by uni and they are all expensive around €400 per month and they prefer Dutch background. My son is Indian Australian and speaks English very well. We are looking for room for him with rent below €300 per month. Any shared accommodation, paying guest, hostel, family hosting is ok. He is 20 yrs old and vegetarian. I really appreciate if anyone in the forum can help to get him an accommodation by Aug 28th when the uni starts. All the suggestions are welcome.
Raj
-@Raj Shastry

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

The University Twente have a website that deals with this matter; this link will take you straight to it.  I stayed there last year; what they offer is modern living accommodation, plus extra rooms for visiting family.  Further, Stadt Enschede has a website on specifically this subject; this link will take you straight to it.  It has further links to places within Enschede and Hengelo for student accommodation outside of the campus.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team

@Cynic  Thanks for your advice. My son Suraj Used all the methods that you suggested and applied for renting a room but so far no positive response. Out of applying for 30 places, only 3 responded mentioning that room will be provided only to Dutch people. It is highly frustrating not to find an accommodation in spite of searching for a month. The uni starts next week and he desperately looking for an accommodation any where within 20 kms from Twente uni. At least if he gets an accommodation for a month then he will have some breathing time. I hope some one will help from the expat community.

Hi again.

I've just looked around, there is nothing I can find that is anywhere near your target price.  Perhaps you need to up your limit.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team