Water filter

Does anyone know if the water filter system that is attached to your kitchen sink are worth investing in.

lyndonjohnstone44 asked . . . .Does anyone know if the water filter system that is attached to your kitchen sink are worth investing in.

In the states I used a three stage PUR water filter, but we still drank bottled water. It was more convenient to grab a bottle of cold water from the refrigerator.

The PUR's kitchen faucet unit had a bypass allowing non filter water to pass through which extends the life, as the cartridge in the filter would only pass many thousands of gallons water before needing replacement.

I used the filtered water for my electric perked coffee maker.

PUR stands behind their warranty, at one time the filter developed a problem of spraying water. I didn't have my sales receipt and didn't know the time limit of the warranty. Without jumping through hoops they replaced it with a simple phone call.

Bottled water is nothing more than RO water. R. O. = Reverse Osmosis. RO water is filtered water! One can get a cheap TDS meter (Total Dissolved Solids) and test your current water which will certainly have a high number, likely over 800. Then test bottled water and RO water (filtered) and likely come up with less than 12 TDS. Lower is better, cleaner water. The 5 gal jugs people refill is RO water. My only question is how often do they change filters in those three cannisters? They do need occasional replacement.

If I can get some actual water pressure here I will certainly add an RO filtering system. We only drink RO water.