Menu
Expat.com

New in AUH...Struggling To Meet New People...Then Read This!!!

Last activity 11 November 2014 by kushaljc

Chasingcarz

Thanks....

How long you been here in AD????

pabbm

Okay guys there are quite a few people who can't make it on Thursday, so its best to keep it to the Friday. My apologies, but I did try and move it to Thursday.

pabbm

Well I'm afraid, right now these meet ups are only happening in AUH and it would be unfair to ask you to come all that way.

ntqt75@gmail.com
ericvidal55 wrote:

Yes teach us about Indian food, great!

You are welcome....
All Indian dishes here...!!!
thnx

French_CowBoy

So, in the end, is it Thursday or Friday ??? :p

ntqt75@gmail.com

:DThnx Batman!!

pabbm

This week's meet up has now been confirmed for Friday. I tried to do it for Thursday, however, many would not have been able to turn up, so for this week I've decided to keep it to Friday and we can dicuss this again for next week.

This week its going to be Lebanese cuisine. I have found a nice restaurant in the Tourist Club area, which has very good reviews, is good value in terms of it's price, apparently the food is served fresh, and the service is brilliant.

Meet up is still at 7pm, and I will text you all the restaurant details later today. Once again if you can bring someone a long then please do, as we want this group to grow.

There will be something new for this week, and I will have some review cards for us to fill in after our meal. This gives you the opportunity to comment on the restaurant, and may also allow me to use the reviews to try and get Abu Dhabi Weekly on board.

The film choices for this week:

1. Rise of the Planet Apes
2. One Day
3. Captain America 3D
4. The Smurfs 3D
5. Crazy Stupid Love
6. Conan the Barbarian 3D

When I text you all today, please could you reply and confirm your attendance. Even if you can't make it, I would appreciate it you still replied back to me so I know.

I look forward to seeing you all on Friday.

Mohit

pabbm
ntqt75@gmail.com wrote:

:DThnx Batman!!

Your welcome.

pabbm
French_CowBoy wrote:

So, in the end, is it Thursday or Friday ??? :p

Friday mate.

pabbm
Chasingcarz wrote:

Thanks....

I have been in Abu Dhabi for about 6 weeks, so not long. But I was in Al Ain for approximately 2.5 months.

pabbm
aqib00 wrote:

Good Work guys. I am also Willing to join But i m in Ajman But i will join you nay way.

I thought you were going to join us last Friday?

aqib00

Sorry all. I want to meet But Buzy with papers. too many papers on my Table..want to clear them  sad.png. soon i will catch u all.

alfieh

Hi,

Did you guys meet?

I would be interested to meet new people.... I am actually member of other clubs or meet-ups but have gone to one meeting only and I did not even get to know a lot of people except those who I came with who were my friends already... We went for paintball shooting and go-carting smile.png

Alfie

pabbm
alfieh wrote:

Hi,

Did you guys meet?

I would be interested to meet new people.... I am actually member of other clubs or meet-ups but have gone to one meeting only and I did not even get to know a lot of people except those who I came with who were my friends already... We went for paintball shooting and go-carting smile.png

Alfie

Alfie we are meeting on a weekly basis, and so far more and more people are turning up on a weekly basis. We welcome new faces, and in fact we encourage new faces.

Please send me your full name, contact number, email address and let me know if you have a blackberry...if so, also send me your pin. I will text you the details for the restaurant some time today.

If you think you might feel uncomfortable coming on your own, then please bring a friend with you, the more the merrier.

Mohit

pabbm
ericvidal55 wrote:

Alfieh, come then, our group has the best reviews, 4 to 5 stars solid, google Mohit and first 2 pages show Abu Dhabi and Batman
eric

Thanks for your kind words mate, but we're not that good yet...need to get even better wink.png

I wish that these meet up groups spread across the UAE, and that's what I am working very hard on to achieve, so fingers crossed our group gets to that stage.

And just to keep you all updated, I have had a number of conversations with restaurants here in AUH, and hopefully very soon I will have something special for you all smile.png

Mohit

princessmia

Hi,

Hope could join you guys nextweek and could visit AUH soon.

pabbm
princessmia wrote:

Hi,

Hope could join you guys nextweek and could visit AUH soon.

Your welcome smile.png

waleedissa

thanks a lot for this great idea and i think it will help many people in getting to know more about their new whereabout.
and i strongly hope that it will see the light .
go for it

pabbm

Mixed emotions about last night really, I think I can speak on behalf of everyone that attended that Omar will not be responsible for ordering food at future meet ups lol.

We had some new faces at our meet up yesterday, so lets welcome Geetha and Rosemary to our ever growing group.

May hopefully be introducing something different for next week. There is a welcome party taking place next week at the Aloft Hotel. I am currently in talks about how netstar can get involved and should know more about it by this evening.

If any of you are interested in a night out, then please contact me, and I can organise this for Friday night, instead of our usual meet up.

pabbm
Chasingcarz wrote:

Thanks....

Hey Osman,

It would have been nice to have received a text saying that you weren't going to make it yesterday evening. Please let me know if I should include you in the texts for future meetings. I'm simply asking cos this meet up group is a non-profit scheme for me, and I'm putting my own effort and cash into this, so if I can save something on sending a text out then this would go a long way to helping me.

Anyway let me know what you think.

Mohit

pabbm
waleedissa wrote:

thanks a lot for this great idea and i think it will help many people in getting to know more about their new whereabout.
and i strongly hope that it will see the light .
go for it

Hey Waleed,

Why don't you join us next week?

Regards,

Mohit

Chasingcarz
pabbm wrote:
Chasingcarz wrote:

Thanks....

Hey Osman,

It would have been nice to have received a text saying that you weren't going to make it yesterday evening. Please let me know if I should include you in the texts for future meetings. I'm simply asking cos this meet up group is a non-profit scheme for me, and I'm putting my own effort and cash into this, so if I can save something on sending a text out then this would go a long way to helping me.

Anyway let me know what you think.

Mohit

Hey Mohit....

As i texted you earlier, that evening it was doubtfull due to one comitment and then i just totally lost the track of time & then it was too late to text you...anyways its my mistake ....sorry about that !!!!

For future you can Either PM me or Post the plan here its up to you mate....Thanks.

Chasingcarz
AZgal wrote:

Thanks all for the birthday wishes and cake even for those I had never met.  It was nice to come to the city and have a nice surprise waiting..have a good week all..

AZ gal

I supposed to be there for this meet up but couldnt make itand was not part of your birth song (good for everybody)& wishes

How was that cake by the way ?????

anyways Happy Birthday & All the best smile.png

Ahmedsam

Hey Guyz,

I joined this blog last year when I was new new to Abu Dhabi...But nothing much happened. Good to see somebody taking the initiative..

Meeting up for movies is a great idea..I am in...Just let me know when is the next meet up...It will be nice to meet some new people and spend some quality time..

Cheers
Ahmed

Shawn02

Looks like I will not be coming to UAE after all my company and I cant agree on terms. It would have been nice to meet you all and make new friends but I guess for now its not meant to be. So if anything changes I will come back to the form but for now thanks to all that supplied me with info I wish you all luck in your careers.

pabbm
Ahmedsam wrote:

Hey Guyz,

I joined this blog last year when I was new new to Abu Dhabi...But nothing much happened. Good to see somebody taking the initiative..

Meeting up for movies is a great idea..I am in...Just let me know when is the next meet up...It will be nice to meet some new people and spend some quality time..

Cheers
Ahmed

Well from me and on behalf of the gang, welcome onboard Ahmed I'm looking forward to seeing you tomorrow evening. The details will be sent out today. smile.png

pabbm
AZgal wrote:

Thanks all for the birthday wishes and cake even for those I had never met.  It was nice to come to the city and have a nice surprise waiting..have a good week all..

The first netstar birthday, for our first member in the UAE.

pabbm
Shawn02 wrote:

Looks like I will not be coming to UAE after all my company and I cant agree on terms. It would have been nice to meet you all and make new friends but I guess for now its not meant to be. So if anything changes I will come back to the form but for now thanks to all that supplied me with info I wish you all luck in your careers.

Ah what a shame mate. Well I hope everything works out for you in your future endeavours. If you ever visit here please do come and see us all. smile.png

If any of your friends come out here then please do let them know about us, or let us know about them so we can ease the difficulty of their move abroad.

Good luck mate.

Mohit

pabbm

Hello everyone,

I hope everyone has recovered from last week's feast LOL. I think we're all going to be teasing Omar about that one for a long time to come (please do).

Anyway I apologise in the delay in getting in touch with you this week, its been a hectic week at work, but I'm looking forward to another great evening with my favourite people.

I will send the details out for tomorrow's meet up later today.

I know the majority of you do confirm your attendance and I am very grateful for that, but to those who don't, I would really appreciate you do so I know how to have the table set up, and also cos I spend a lot of time, effort and money on setting these evenings up, and I'm sure a 'confirmation text' is worth a good evening, right?

Speak to you all very soon.

Mohit

pabbm

[Moderated]

mahalacoste

Hiiii,
So this week meetup is also on Friday ?

pabbm

Yes on Friday, its quite difficult to do it on Thursday. So we can choose from either Friday or Saturday.

I'm in the process of selecting the restaurant for tomorrow.

mahalacoste

I am feeling bad now because I cannot make it this Friday also sad.png
Enjoy guys and hopefully I can catch up in next week.
By the way, what's nestar ? Did I miss something out there ?!

pabbm

I hope you all got my text for this evening's meet up, if not then please let me know as I may not have you on my list.

So we're meeting up at 7pm at TGI Fridays, which is in the Tourist Club Area not too far from Abu Dhabi Mall. And then movie time...need to make up for missing out next week lol.

See you all this evening.

mahalacoste

Hi Mohit (or shall I say Batman smile.png?)
How was Friday gathering ? did you discuss possibility of having it on Saturdays sometimes ?

Ahmedsam

Hey Mohit,

It was nice being part of this group now..Though we were only 5 that day, I am looking forward to meeting more the next time.

Also, your idea of creating a membership kinda thing and getting discounts based on that is really cool..As we discussed that day,let's start with our activities soon..

C you all soon..

Ahmed

pabbm
network wrote:

then inform me once there will be a meeting somewhere
and for sure i'm in with you guys .... just let me know when and where smile.png

Hi why don't you join us this week...we have all been meeting up for 4 weeks now smile.png

pabbm
Tharanga wrote:

Hi there,,, like to join you guys. Any info about latest gatherings or outings?

Hi Tharanga,

You are more than welcome to join us. Please send me the following details:

- Full name,
- Contact no.,
- Email address.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Mohit

pabbm
mahalacoste wrote:

Hi Mohit (or shall I say Batman smile.png?)
How was Friday gathering ? did you discuss possibility of having it on Saturdays sometimes ?

Hi Maha,

Well whatever you feel comfortable calling me. As long as I know your speaking me I don't mind what you call me lol smile.png

Well we had a small group this week, as many of the others were out of the area.

And as promised this week we will be meeting up on Saturday. So I hope you are happy with that.

Mohit

pabbm
Ahmedsam wrote:

Hey Mohit,

It was nice being part of this group now..Though we were only 5 that day, I am looking forward to meeting more the next time.

Also, your idea of creating a membership kinda thing and getting discounts based on that is really cool..As we discussed that day,let's start with our activities soon..

C you all soon..

Ahmed

Hey Ahmed,

It was great meeting you. Well there should be more the group this week, and you'll get to meet the rest of the gang.

And I will be asking everyone to learn what kind of activities they are all interested in, and I can probably arrange some activities throughout October, depending on how many are interested.

I will keep you informed.

See you later this week.

Regards,

Mohit

Articles to help you in your expat project in Abu Dhabi

• Accommodation in Abu Dhabi
    Accommodation in Abu Dhabi

Accommodation is your next step after securing a visa to fully settle into your new life as an expat in Abu Dhabi. ...

• Working in Abu Dhabi
    Working in Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi has joined its neighbor emirate of Dubai in being a hotspot for tourists and expats moving for work ...

• Buying property in Abu Dhabi
    Buying property in Abu Dhabi

The United Arab Emirates has 9.06 million expats, and most of them spend about 30 to 50 years in the country ...

• Discovering Abu Dhabi
    Discovering Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates, is a popular destination among those who want to live and work ...

• Study in Abu Dhabi
    Study in Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi is not only an excellent place to live and work, but it also offers world-class education. There are ...

• How to develop your social circle in Abu Dhabi
    How to develop your social circle in Abu Dhabi

Expats in Abu Dhabi can establish a social network through various ways, such as joining expat groups online and ...

• The work culture in Abu Dhabi
    The work culture in Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi is an international city, and in most workplaces, you will interact and work with people of different ...

• Getting around Abu Dhabi
    Getting around Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi is a relatively small city compared to Dubai and getting around is very convenient and easy. If you want ...

All of Abu Dhabi's guide articles