Menu
Expat.com

New in AUH...Struggling To Meet New People...Then Read This!!!

Last activity 11 November 2014 by kushaljc

pabbm

Hello everyone,

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Please tell us what you got up to if you were unable to attend on Friday. smile.png

Anyway this week is going to be something different. Our meet up will happen on Saturday, as I have decided to alternate the days, so one week it will be Friday evening and the following week it will be Saturday. This is cos there are some members who are unable to turn up on Friday and some who cannot make it on Saturday.

On Friday I will be at the Shangri-La Hotel, attending Loretta's event. My company are sponsoring a prize draw, so please turn up and see how lucky you are.

Please get in touch with me for further information, and I hope some more of you can join me...it looks like its going to be a very good night.

The other point that came up on Friday evening was activities. Some of the members discussed how they would like other activities organised. Please can you all let me know what you are interested in and we can arrange some group day outs during October. But I need to know what kind of activities you would like to participate in.

I look forward to hearing from all of you.

Regards,

Mohit

Ahmedsam

Hey Mohit,

Will try to catch up with you on Friday smile.png

Regarding the activities, I think Bowling would be ideal to start with..Paint ball shooting would also be fun..

Just my 2 cents..

French_CowBoy

Hi all,

I went to Dubai last Friday. I discovered the Atlantis resort on Jumeira Palm Island. It looks very nice. It is an aquapark.
This could be an idea for a day out for example.

Cheers,

See you next weekend.

rebecca130885

haha been reading this and that nickname has totally taken off - i am the nickname marval isnt that right Batman wink.png

mahalacoste

Yes Mohit, that's great. Just let mw know when & where on Saturday and I will be there smile.png

I will also be at Shangri-La Hotel on Friday and hope to see you there.

Regards

Mengar

sounds nice, i tried to make friends in Abu Dhabi for 2 years but it didnt work coz of my timing.
I'm in for all the days but not thr & fri "I'm saving that for parting hard in Dubai" tongue.png
so now i shall send my details to (mohit or Batman or pabbm)!!! the person who created the idea! rit!
goodnight all

pabbm
French_CowBoy wrote:

Hi all,

I went to Dubai last Friday. I discovered the Atlantis resort on Jumeira Palm Island. It looks very nice. It is an aquapark.
This could be an idea for a day out for example.

Cheers,

See you next weekend.

Sounds great. I'm up for it, let's see what others think about...come everyone let us know if your up for a trip to the waterpark. smile.png

See you on Saturday.

pabbm
mahalacoste wrote:

Yes Mohit, that's great. Just let mw know when & where on Saturday and I will be there smile.png

I will also be at Shangri-La Hotel on Friday and hope to see you there.

Regards

Well I'll see you at Shangri-La tomorrow then. smile.png

And I'll send out the details for Saturdays meet up later this evening.

pabbm
Mengar wrote:

sounds nice, i tried to make friends in Abu Dhabi for 2 years but it didnt work coz of my timing.
I'm in for all the days but not thr & fri "I'm saving that for parting hard in Dubai" tongue.png
so now i shall send my details to (mohit or Batman or pabbm)!!! the person who created the idea! rit!
goodnight all

Hey Mengar, send me your details so I can send you more information for Saturday's meet up.

pabbm
rebecca130885 wrote:

haha been reading this and that nickname has totally taken off - i am the nickname marval isnt that right Batman wink.png

Just wait until you get here, cos your new name is Robin...will have to get you one of those tight suits to wear lol

pabbm

Its that time of the week again folks where us friends get the chance to meet up and have a good time. Although we're meeting a day later than usual, it will be no less fun...I hope by now everyone has forgotten our Lebanese experience lol.

Anyway this week we will be welcoming the latest people to join our ever growing group, so lets please ensure they are able to meet most of the gang.

So far we've had Australian, Mexican, Lebanese, and American...on Saturday I will be going home, and taking you all with me to India. I have the perfect restaurant to suit all kinds of taste buds, quality food, as well as good value; the decor is amazing, so I hope you will all love it as much as I do.

As always I will be sending out a text tonight, meeting at the usual time of 7pm. And I know say this every week, please do bring some friends a long, and make this group of ours grow, lets make this the best meet up group in the whole of the UAE!!! smile.png

See you all on Saturday.

Mohit

French_CowBoy

Sorry I wont be there again.Flying to your country on sunday (not India, the other one). I will be back in 10 days.

Enjoy !

pabbm
French_CowBoy wrote:

Sorry I wont be there again.Flying to your country on sunday (not India, the other one). I will be back in 10 days.

Enjoy !

Okay buddy, have a good time smile.png

pabbm

I've just sent out the details for the meet up on Saturday, please make sure you text to confirm attendance, or if you cannot make it then also let me know. And please bring a friend a long with you, anyone...the idea of this group is to introduce new people to our group, and soon I will start introducing incentives to introduce new people to the group smile.png

pabbm

Hello Everyone,

It was really good to see those who could make it on Saturday, great to finally have our meet up on a day Maha could attend wink.png We also welcomed two new members to our group, Mariah and Nadia.

As for this weekend I'm no longer going to Dubai, so I'm hoping to organise something for this week.

I would like to find out who is available this weekend cos there is no point in me trying to organise an activity if nobody is available.

If you would like to do something in Dubai, then this could also be an option. I am able to get two 2 bedroom suites at the Marriott in Dubai Marina for very low rates. Each room can sleep up to 5 guests, so we can have a suite for the men, and another for the ladies, and we can spend the weekend in Dubai.

If we get 5 in each suite then it would only cost each person AED 192 for two nights.

Please contact me as soon as possible.

Regards,

Mohit

mahalacoste

Hi Mohit,

It was also my pleasure to finally meet the group smile.png
This friday is packed so if you are planning to arrange for something on Sat, then I can join.

Regards

pabbm

Well I guess this week I kind of needed a day off lol...but I'm back with a bang next week...WHO IS UP FOR SOME BOWLING????

Well a few of you have been going on about doing some activities, well lets start with what we can do here, and if I get enough of a turn out then I can start planning a day at the safari wink.png

Now I need everyone to let me know which day is best for them Fri or Sat...and whatever day has more numbers I'll organise it for then.

I look forward to hearing from all of you.

Mohit

akazukinsz

Hi Mohit,

Unfortunately, this and next weekend both Nadia n I already have plans (btw, we're going to Ferrari World on 15th. There'll be 5 of us, if anybody want to join let us know) Nadia might be available after that. Not so sure though. I'll be travelling and will only come back after Eid Adha.  hmm.png

anyway, just keep one of us updated. I'll update Nadia n Nadia will update me...

Have Fun!

Mariah.

pabbm

Ferrari World on 15th October sounds great. I'll look into and see if I can get a group of us to join you. smile.png

pabbm

Okay guys I have some details for Ferrari world. There are two types of tickets:

General Admission
This ticket provides unlimited access to all rides and attractions of Ferrari World Abu Dhabi. The ticket is valid for guests 1.5m and above and for one entry to the Park within six months from the date of purchase.
AED 225

Premium Admission
This ticket provides unlimited access to all rides and attractions of Ferrari World Abu Dhabi through the Fast Track lane, in addition to access to the exclusive VIP Lounge. The ticket is valid for guests 1.5m and above for one entry to the Park within six months from the date of purchase.

I am up for either ticket but it all depends on what all of you think. I personally think the premium tickets is a brilliant offer, but if its to dear for some then the general ticket is also a good choice. If we can get a group together then I might be able to get us a special group offer, but I need to know how many want to go.

You all mentioned how you would like to do activities instead of always meeting up for dinner, but now that I'm taking the time to organise some I'm not getting much of a response from you guys.

pabbm

I've been looking at Desert Safaris, and to tell you the truth I think it looks bloody amazing. We will need a minimum group of 6 people for this. I'm interested in organising an over night desert safari for one night. Apparently it is an amazing experience seeing the sun setting and rising. Have a look at the following link and let me know if any of you are interested and I'll get some prices:

http://desertsafaridubai.com/overnight- … inner.html

I hope to hear from you all soon.

Mohit

French_CowBoy

I went to Ferrari World 2 weeks ago. Do not take a premium, there is not a lot of people really. Be careful, the only thing that is really good is the Formula Rossa. When I went there, it was not working...maintenance...and it happens often. They do not give discount because this thing is not working so...well...assholes !!!
Give a call in the morning before you go.
I will be back in AD in 3 days.

Cheers

mahalacoste

Hi,
I will be out of town on 15th and I am not a "sleeoing bag" person. However, if you organize an evening safari then I am in.

pabbm
French_CowBoy wrote:

I went to Ferrari World 2 weeks ago. Do not take a premium, there is not a lot of people really. Be careful, the only thing that is really good is the Formula Rossa. When I went there, it was not working...maintenance...and it happens often. They do not give discount because this thing is not working so...well...assholes !!!
Give a call in the morning before you go.
I will be back in AD in 3 days.

Cheers

Thanks for that mate, I guess that's cleared my head about what ticket to go for lol.

Hows my country treating you? wink.png Let me know if your interested in the overnight desert safari.

See you soon mate.

pabbm
mahalacoste wrote:

Hi,
I will be out of town on 15th and I am not a "sleeoing bag" person. However, if you organize an evening safari then I am in.

Maha its all about the experience wink.png

pabbm
pabbm wrote:

Okay guys I have some details for Ferrari world. There are two types of tickets:

General Admission
This ticket provides unlimited access to all rides and attractions of Ferrari World Abu Dhabi. The ticket is valid for guests 1.5m and above and for one entry to the Park within six months from the date of purchase.
AED 225

Premium Admission
This ticket provides unlimited access to all rides and attractions of Ferrari World Abu Dhabi through the Fast Track lane, in addition to access to the exclusive VIP Lounge. The ticket is valid for guests 1.5m and above for one entry to the Park within six months from the date of purchase.

I am up for either ticket but it all depends on what all of you think. I personally think the premium tickets is a brilliant offer, but if its to dear for some then the general ticket is also a good choice. If we can get a group together then I might be able to get us a special group offer, but I need to know how many want to go.

You all mentioned how you would like to do activities instead of always meeting up for dinner, but now that I'm taking the time to organise some I'm not getting much of a response from you guys.

Scroll down and have a look at Will's post. Apparently its best to get a general ticket, so I'm waiting on you guys to let me know whose interested.

Ahmedsam

Hey Mohit,

Sorry was busy, so couldn't respond immediately.

Regarding Ferrari world, even I had checked it out couple of times and not really game for it..And even I heard about the maintenance issues there. So it's better to check with them about the rides before going.

I am totally game for the Desert Safari. Actually have been thinking of trying it for a long time. So count me in on that.

Cheers !!!!

mahalacoste
pabbm wrote:
mahalacoste wrote:

Hi,

Hahahaha, I am ready to experience anything during the day but for sleeping time I prefer to be in a safe bed wink.png

By the way, I went kayaking on Friday and maybe you should add this to list of possible events. It was a nice experience smile.png

pabbm
mahalacoste wrote:
pabbm wrote:
mahalacoste wrote:

Hi,

Hahahaha, I am ready to experience anything during the day but for sleeping time I prefer to be in a safe bed wink.png

By the way, I went kayaking on Friday and maybe you should add this to list of possible events. It was a nice experience smile.png

Okay evening safari it is then, we can do that instead of the overnight one.

Send me more details regarding the kayaking, as I have a lot of it in the past, and it would be nice to continue it over here. smile.png

pabbm
Ahmedsam wrote:

Hey Mohit,

Sorry was busy, so couldn't respond immediately.

Regarding Ferrari world, even I had checked it out couple of times and not really game for it..And even I heard about the maintenance issues there. So it's better to check with them about the rides before going.

I am totally game for the Desert Safari. Actually have been thinking of trying it for a long time. So count me in on that.

Cheers !!!!

Well the thing is we are always going to find people who have already done whatever I recommend, but the idea is to do it as a group. Well Ferrari World is an option either for this coming weekend or for another weekend.

The other option I have for this weekend if bowling in Marina Mall, but once again I need a group of us.

French_CowBoy

I am up for bowling. I just need to confirm later this week.
As I said before there is also a nice day out to do at Atlantis on the Jumeira Palm in Dubai. Nice Aqua Park !

Your country was nice !!! They lost at rugby vs. mine though, I was smiling a lot over there !!!

Cheers

pabbm
French_CowBoy wrote:

I am up for bowling. I just need to confirm later this week.
As I said before there is also a nice day out to do at Atlantis on the Jumeira Palm in Dubai. Nice Aqua Park !

Your country was nice !!! They lost at rugby vs. mine though, I was smiling a lot over there !!!

Cheers

Don't worry we were also smiling when France beat us...we're just not good enough, and it would have been injustice to the better teams in the competition had England have progressed. smile.png

As for Atlantis, its definitely being considered. Its just difficult finding the numbers, so will be discussed when we meet up.

Look forward to seeing you again this weekend mate.

Tharanga

Me too....lets meet up on Friday @ Marina Mall for bowling...Thanks for the SMS Mohit , Cheers!!!

Ahmedsam

I am in too...Just msg me the details once finalised...c you all there

pabbm

Cheers guys. Thanks for letting me know.

pabbm

I've received 12 confirmations for bowling on Friday, which is great, so if anyone else is thinking about coming...well you should as I believe it will be some great fun.

For any of you who are very active and have recently asked me about activities...I have sopen with someone who is a fitness coach, and organises lots of different activities. He may come a long on Friday and give a little presentation.

Ahmedsam

Mohit,

Nice to hear that 12 have confirmed already. Guess this time the group is going to be big and more fun.

And this idea of inviting a fitness guy was too good. specially for a guy like me who is more interested in group n fun activities..

Let's have fun this weekend smile.png

Cheers!!

French_CowBoy

I am in for Friday, not sure you counted me already. I may come with a colleague! I will let you know asap.

Cheers

deltamikelima

count me in!!!!cool.png

pabbm
Ahmedsam wrote:

Mohit,

Nice to hear that 12 have confirmed already. Guess this time the group is going to be big and more fun.

And this idea of inviting a fitness guy was too good. specially for a guy like me who is more interested in group n fun activities..

Let's have fun this weekend smile.png

Cheers!!

Yea well I just thought that a few of us have been talking about how much weight we have put on whilst being here, and might be a little shy to do a fitness on there own with lots of new people...I think if we all wanted to then we could probably get a class for all of us once a week or something, and no one will be embarrassed cos we are all friends smile.png

It was just a thought. My manager at work introduced me to the idea. I haven't met the guy yet, but for any of you who follow rugby and know of the Saracens, well he used to be a trainer for them.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Abu Dhabi

• Accommodation in Abu Dhabi
    Accommodation in Abu Dhabi

Accommodation is your next step after securing a visa to fully settle into your new life as an expat in Abu Dhabi. ...

• Working in Abu Dhabi
    Working in Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi has joined its neighbor emirate of Dubai in being a hotspot for tourists and expats moving for work ...

• Buying property in Abu Dhabi
    Buying property in Abu Dhabi

The United Arab Emirates has 9.06 million expats, and most of them spend about 30 to 50 years in the country ...

• Discovering Abu Dhabi
    Discovering Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates, is a popular destination among those who want to live and work ...

• Study in Abu Dhabi
    Study in Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi is not only an excellent place to live and work, but it also offers world-class education. There are ...

• How to develop your social circle in Abu Dhabi
    How to develop your social circle in Abu Dhabi

Expats in Abu Dhabi can establish a social network through various ways, such as joining expat groups online and ...

• The work culture in Abu Dhabi
    The work culture in Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi is an international city, and in most workplaces, you will interact and work with people of different ...

• Getting around Abu Dhabi
    Getting around Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi is a relatively small city compared to Dubai and getting around is very convenient and easy. If you want ...

All of Abu Dhabi's guide articles