Menu
Expat.com

New in AUH...Struggling To Meet New People...Then Read This!!!

Last activity 11 November 2014 by kushaljc

pabbm
French_CowBoy wrote:

I am in for Friday, not sure you counted me already. I may come with a colleague! I will let you know asap.

Cheers

How can I not count you in...your too tall to hide mate wink.png

And great news that your bringing a friend a long, you and Antoine are setting an example, well done. I am very aware everyone has at least one friend in the Abu Dhabi outside our group, so bring them a long.

olik

Hi, Mohid! I would like to join to the bowling group if possible. Where in marina mall do you meet up? Cheers

pabbm
olik wrote:

Hi, Mohid! I would like to join to the bowling group if possible. Where in marina mall do you meet up? Cheers

Dear Olik,

You are more than welcome to join us, we are always open to new members joining us. Could you please send me the following details:

- Full name,
- Contact number,
- Email address.

I will text you all the details.

We all look forward to seeing you on Friday evening, we have a very friendly bunch of people. Introduce yourself in the forum, and I'm sure everyone will make you feel welcomed.

Feel free to bring any friends with you.

Regards,

Mohit

pabbm
deltamikelima wrote:

count me in!!!!cool.png

Dear DML,

Can you please send me your:

- Full name,
- Contact no,
- Email address.

Please send me a message to my inbox.

Regards,

Mohit

pabbm

So far there is 15 of us for Friday, and I am still waiting to hear from some others. That is great stuff, well done guys...and of course ladies smile.png

pabbm

Okay people the plan is we are all meeting at the Emirates Bowling Village at 7pm on Friday. I have just spoken with them, and its 20 AED per person per game, so relatively cheap. It is five players to a lane, so I've reserved 3 lanes, and if we have more people turn up I'll take out an extra lane.

I left my camera in the taxi on the first day I arrived in Abu Dhabi, so if you have cameras please bring them a long, it would be nice to have pictures of our meet ups...especially this one, so we can make those who didn't turn up feel extremely jealous lol tongue.png

akazukinsz

Hi,

Am not sure yet about my Friday plan. Will stop by if possible though. Might not join the game. Just cheering.. cool.png

pabbm
akazukinsz wrote:

Hi,

Am not sure yet about my Friday plan. Will stop by if possible though. Might not join the game. Just cheering.. cool.png

Well the purpose of the meet up group is 'to meet' the activity is just an excuse to meet wink.png

....so I expect you to see there smile.png

pabbm
Alvaro _ wrote:

Good idea! I ll be landing this friday and starting my job on sunday 11th. I was already thinking of going to the movies at least once a week so I'm definitly in for that. I'll get to you all once I'm installed!

Hi Alvaro,

How are you? I hope you have settled in well. A group of us are meeting for our weekly meet-up this evening, in which we will get some food and then tackle some bowling, it would be a pleasure to finally meet you, so why not come a long.

If your interested then please let me know and I will send you the details.

Regards,

Mohit

pabbm
alfieh wrote:

Hi,

Did you guys meet?

I would be interested to meet new people.... I am actually member of other clubs or meet-ups but have gone to one meeting only and I did not even get to know a lot of people except those who I came with who were my friends already... We went for paintball shooting and go-carting smile.png

Alfie

Hi Alfie,

You expressed a desire to join our group but we have not since heard from you. We hope you are well and okay. If your interested in meeting new people and making lots of new friends, then a lot of us are meeting this evening, and it would be a great opportunity.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll send you all the details.

Regards,

Mohit

zynkhan

Hi guys i am zain and i work in advertising agency as an art director.
i move to abu dhabi from KSA very recently and looking forward to meet new people.

pabbm
zynkhan wrote:

Hi guys i am zain and i work in advertising agency as an art director.
i move to abu dhabi from KSA very recently and looking forward to meet new people.

Hi Zain,

We look forward to meeting you when your here, keep in touch.

Regards,

Mohit

zynkhan

i am already here in abu dhabi living tourist club area and i message you my information. keep me updated for the next meet up.

pabbm
zynkhan wrote:

i am already here in abu dhabi living tourist club area and i message you my information. keep me updated for the next meet up.

Yea I received them. Keep yourself free for 7pm this evening. We are all meeting up in the Marina Mall for some dinner and some bowling smile.png

I will text you the details.

zynkhan

cool smile.png

pabbm

I don't know about you guys, but I really enjoyed the bowling part of our meet up yesterday, I think we could make that a regular fixture, what do you think?

Any recommendations as to what we can do next week. Next week we will be meeting up on Saturday, so please send me your requests.

mahalacoste

I will be out of the country next weekend sad.png

pabbm

Okay I am not sure if anyone has realised but the Abu Dhabi Film Festival is well and truly in the boil, and as many of us are not actually from the city or in fact not from the UAE, I think its a brilliant opportunity for us to mix with the locals and other expats. I personality see is as an opportunity for all of us to get involved and embrace this city as our home, and be considered as residents and not expats....I don't know about you guys, but I really don't like being categorised as an expat.

Well next week the Fairmont will be showing movies in an open air cinema (the kind of things you see in the old American movies). Even at my age I can say I can sincerely say that I have experienced a lot, however, something like this is completely new (cos I come from as country where its always raining...and I can't see something like this ever happening there). I am very interesting in experiencing this, and if anyone also has the say wishes, then why not all go together.

The following is the schedule and I will send it out to you all via email later this evening:

Night 1 - Tuesday 25th October: The Idles of March
Night 2 - Wednesday 26th October: Footloose
Night 3 - Thursday 27th October: In Time
Night 4 - Friday 28th October: Dolphin's Tale
Night 5 - Saturday 29th October: Moneyball

General Admissions: 50 AED
VIP: 199 AED (including Food & Non-Alcoholic Beverages)

Doors open at 7pm
Film starts at 9pm (on Fridat at 8.30pm)

I would like those interested to let me know which film they would like to watch, the film which receives the most votes...wins

smile.png

pabbm
mahalacoste wrote:

I will be out of the country next weekend sad.png

Not to worry, I don't think anyone of will forget you smile.png

mahalacoste

Thanks Mohit. Tha's really kind smile.png
Whatever you decide to do enjoy it on my behalf and yours smile.png

pabbm
mahalacoste wrote:

Thanks Mohit. Tha's really kind smile.png
Whatever you decide to do enjoy it on my behalf and yours smile.png

wink.png

zynkhan

I love sports movies, my vote for
Saturday 29th October: Moneyball

pabbm
zynkhan wrote:

I love sports movies, my vote for
Saturday 29th October: Moneyball

Thanks, it has been noted.

Ahmedsam

Hey Mohit,

I am in for Money Ball too..Count me in..

pabbm

Okay guys I am sorry to say but I will have to give it a miss this week. I haven't been too well over the past two weeks, first I've had to fight against two wisdom teeth forcing their way through my gums, and then maybe through exhaustion I got a fever, which just wouldn't go away, and now I'm trying to recover from conjunctivitis, and as its a contagious infection, I'd rather not pass it onto any of you guys.

So I hope you are all very understanding...but not to worry everything will resume the following week with the Abu Dhabi Film Festival Open Air Cinema.

pabbm

As for the open air cinema, I would really appreciate it if you guys can put your votes for the movies on this forum:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=116977

Cos it may encourage others to vote smile.png

Thank you.

pabbm

I am still waiting on a lot of you to get back to me regarding the activities you would like to do.

I can quite easily say bowling is definitely one we could do on a regular basis cos I think we all had a great time.

I have also looked at the following:

- Paintballing;
- Go-Karting;
- Dragon Boating;
- Kayaking;
- Archery;
- Shooting;
- Jet Skiing;
- Water Skiing;
- Desert Safari.

But for each activity to work out I need a group of 10 people to participate, so if your interested in any please let me know, and I will organise it. I may need you to bring some friends a long to make up the numbers, but I think it will be well worth the fun. smile.png

And remember it was you guys who said you wanted activities wink.png

So please get back to me on your views.

Mohit

Ahmedsam

Hey Mohit,
take care man...u definitely need s couple of queit days..

Inspite of not being well,u r still trying to organise and plan something,thats really appreciable man..

Regarding the activity,yes bowling comes first,i am also game for desert safari,jet skiing,paint ball n go karting...if u r planning for any of these definitely count me in...

I don't have much of buddies here,sorry it's just me :-)

Take care man..

taxidriver

Hey guys,

nice to know that there are some people trying to get together regularly. I'm Tilman and arrived at Abu Dhabi just one week ago. So I'm definitly in. Especially the activites sound great smile.png. Could you keep me updated on that?

Hope to see you all soon!
Tilman

Sandman6

Here's a suggestion for all the petrolheads among you....take an Aston Martin Vantage GT4 for a blast around the same F1 GP circuit which is hosting the Grand Prix in November:

Yas3.jpg

Yas5.jpg

Yas4.jpg

Yas8.jpg

French_CowBoy

Mouaahaha I probably saw you there !!! I was working there ! :p
Guys I am leaving the country on tuesday. It was a pleasure meeting you !!!! Good luck to the group. May you enjoy all the parties and day out organized by Mohit !!!

Cheers !

pabbm
taxidriver wrote:

Hey guys,

nice to know that there are some people trying to get together regularly. I'm Tilman and arrived at Abu Dhabi just one week ago. So I'm definitly in. Especially the activites sound great smile.png. Could you keep me updated on that?

Hope to see you all soon!
Tilman

Welcome to Abu Dhabi. One of my main contracts at my previous work place in London was with Siemens, so I met lots of Siemens staff who were working at the BBC.

Well if your interested in meeting up this week, send me your contact details to my inbox and I will send you details about this week's meet up. We will be tasting a bit of the Abu Dhabi Film Festival by attending the Open Air Cinema at the Fairmont Hotel.

Anyway I look forward to hearing back from you, and hopefully we can meet soon.

Regards,

Mohit

pabbm
Sandman6 wrote:

Here's a suggestion for all the petrolheads among you....take an Aston Martin Vantage GT4 for a blast around the same F1 GP circuit which is hosting the Grand Prix in November:

[img align=C]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g292/mjmorse99/Yas%20Marina/Yas3.jpg[/url]

[img align=C]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g292/mjmorse99/Yas%20Marina/Yas5.jpg[/url]

[img align=C]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g292/mjmorse99/Yas%20Marina/Yas4.jpg[/url]

[img align=C]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g292/mjmorse99/Yas%20Marina/Yas8.jpg[/url]

Nice one. Looks absolutely fantastic...I bet that stung your pockets wink.png

pabbm
French_CowBoy wrote:

Mouaahaha I probably saw you there !!! I was working there ! :p
Guys I am leaving the country on tuesday. It was a pleasure meeting you !!!! Good luck to the group. May you enjoy all the parties and day out organized by Mohit !!!

Cheers !

Oh shit, time to go already...any chance of a final meet up on Monday to say our good byes? Let me know okay.

French_CowBoy

Monday it is not possible but maybe on Tuesday, I let you know.
Cheers;

deltamikelima

AWESOME!!!!!

mahalacoste

Hey,

Hope you are feeling better now Mohit. So, what's the final decision for the outdoor cinema ?

pabbm
French_CowBoy wrote:

Monday it is not possible but maybe on Tuesday, I let you know.
Cheers;

Yea make sure you let me know okay, even if it is a quick meal or something...you can't leave without saying good bye wink.png

pabbm
mahalacoste wrote:

Hey,

Hope you are feeling better now Mohit. So, what's the final decision for the outdoor cinema ?

Well at the moment it seems as thought Moneyball is going to win, its well ahead in votes.

French_CowBoy

Mohit, we can have dinner around 7pm if you want.I will not have my phone number anymore as I hand my phone over tomorrow afternoon.I will text you with my German phone ok?

Articles to help you in your expat project in Abu Dhabi

• Accommodation in Abu Dhabi
    Accommodation in Abu Dhabi

Accommodation is your next step after securing a visa to fully settle into your new life as an expat in Abu Dhabi. ...

• Working in Abu Dhabi
    Working in Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi has joined its neighbor emirate of Dubai in being a hotspot for tourists and expats moving for work ...

• Buying property in Abu Dhabi
    Buying property in Abu Dhabi

The United Arab Emirates has 9.06 million expats, and most of them spend about 30 to 50 years in the country ...

• Discovering Abu Dhabi
    Discovering Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates, is a popular destination among those who want to live and work ...

• Study in Abu Dhabi
    Study in Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi is not only an excellent place to live and work, but it also offers world-class education. There are ...

• How to develop your social circle in Abu Dhabi
    How to develop your social circle in Abu Dhabi

Expats in Abu Dhabi can establish a social network through various ways, such as joining expat groups online and ...

• The work culture in Abu Dhabi
    The work culture in Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi is an international city, and in most workplaces, you will interact and work with people of different ...

• Getting around Abu Dhabi
    Getting around Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi is a relatively small city compared to Dubai and getting around is very convenient and easy. If you want ...

All of Abu Dhabi's guide articles