Educational Verification for EP

Hi,

I am currently studying in NUS and got a job offer in Singapore. The company applied for EP but got the response that educational verification needs to be done.

my undergraduate is in electronics from RGPV, India. I signed up for Avvanz to do the verification.

Does anyone have any experience with Avvanz?

The company wants to fast track the application and I am not sure how long the verification will take.

Any way to speed up the process so that the company can apply again?

Should I fly back to India and go to the uni and ask the registrar office to handle it on priority?

any suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

Any update on this  >>

@Aserjam Hi, I am in same position now. Have you the got the verification done from them? How long did they took

@ArunMJ hi. Better try RMI website for educational documents verification.

Got my IPA today.

I booked both Avvanz and Cisive.

Cisive was pretty quick and got back with results in 7 days.

Avvanz was slower compared to Cisive and took close to 10 days to come back with the results.

I think it depends on the university a lot but I would recommend Cisive. I also called my university registrar office and asked them to be a bit proactive in reacting to queries from Cisive or Avvanz.

I did not go back to India to check with the university and the university did not give any updates on the whole process. So, I only followed up with Cisive and Avvanz and both where pretty good with giving updates, Cisive has a better UI than Avvanz as well and the customer service was pretty decent in both cases.

Better to give the phone number of registrar's office (Registrar - Examination Department in my case) in the application.

@ArunMJ

I booked both Avvanz and Cisive.

Cisive was pretty quick and got back with results in 7 days.

Avvanz was slower compared to Cisive and took close to 10 days to come back with the results.

@Aserjam Congratulations on you IPA, I have already registered today for Avvans and I am from Anna University, Chennai

@Aserjam Hi, thank you for the information, may I know, in your case how long the MOM approved the appeal further to your educational verification that been sent to them? thank you.

I will drop my number here, it will be helpful for me if we could speak through call, [Number removed by moderators - please read the forum rules!] kindly try to contact through WhatsApp call

Hi @Hwiyoungarf, after the verification was submitted to MOM the EP was approved in 3 days.

Couple of points:

1. my university is already in the MOM approved university list and
  2. this is my 3rd EP in Singapore.

@Aserjam Well noted, thank you and congrats to your approval.

@Asejam how long the overall timeline before MOM approves it and give you an IPA? appreciate it!

I got my EP applied Sep 15 and until now the application still pending.

@Asejam how long the overall timeline before MOM approves it and give you an IPA? appreciate it!I got my EP applied Sep 15 and until now the application still pending.         -@explorer0708

Every application is unique and takes its own time. In general, if it is applied first time then it can take 2 weeks to 4 weeks or even more.

If in case of renewal, and no new educational certificates are declared then it would take less than a week or two.

Note: If your certificates are recognised by MoM listed universities,  institutions or educational boards then its easier for MoM to validate.

Hi @Asejam thanks for the reply. Actually, this is my 3rd time for EP, and this is my 3rd company in SG. Do you think this will still take 4 weeks? btw, my educational verification is done already and submitted to MOM also.

Hi @explorer0708, for me it took 3 days after submission of educational verification to approve the EP, but as I mentioned before my university was already in the list of approved MOM institutions so it might have sped up the process a bit.

@explorer0708 Hi you submitted your EP application with verification on sept 16th or later?

@ArunMJ yes, I have submitted all the documents at the same time. The moment I have signed an employment contract with the company they have ask me to start working on the education verification to speed up the process before they submit the EP application.

@explorer0708 so you submitted everything including verification on 16th sept together but still pass is pending?

@ArunMJ, yes that is correct! I have submitted everything but still pending. is there something I need to be worried about?

@explorer0708 I don't understand why is it taking so long even after submitting everything on 16th sept which is more than 10 days! Ask your employer to enquire with MOM, They should have given you some update atl

thanks @ArunMJ

@ArunMJ 10 days would be a very short processing time and this is rare. Most cases need a month or two.

@beppi okay but if we have lived in Singapore on work pass already for so long, they wouldn't take much time to process and I have a doubt, do we need to submit education verification even for the S PASS APPLICATION?

@ArunMJ actually that is a good point! as we have work experience already in SG not sure what other things that make application so long to be approved. This is actually my 3rd company here in SG.

Hi guys, I have asked my employer and they said still pending status, do they need to call MOM for clarification of the current status? I can't push my employer, coz, I think it will be too much if I push them to ask MOM to get an update. What do you think I need to do here? Appreciate if you can give some advice here.

@explorer0708 Hello, did you got any update for your EP?

it took me to approval my ep within 5 days for one of the biggest tech firm in the world and i came from big companies before in Singapore

@Aserjam hi, do you have the contact number or email for Cisive? i have been trying to reach them but havent got the response

@explorer0708

Hi , you got approval?

I work in SG for past 6 years, A company has applied  EP on October 28 2023. EP is still pending for four weeks and after followup MOM requested additional company documents. Company has submitted them and told me it may take upto 3 weeks .

I  have another offer from an Mnc and theyre sure to issue approval within 5-10 days.

should i still stick to company A to try my luck or is it time to shift to company B ?

please advice as the process is taking too long

@AR2022 Nobody can be sure of an approval within a certain time.

Hi folks ,

Has anyone recently applied for an EP pass. ?

Was a bit curious on the Universities that are approved by MoM and if Anna University Chennai is in the MoM list and whether the applicant is eligible for the 10 points from Compass system for qualification if the candidate is from Anna University Chennai ? Any idea ?

Regards...

@Vikzlo I have the same question, is Anna university part of accredited list. There are two options in verification, Education verification and Institution verification. I want to know if Institute verification is needed or not for Anna University ?